Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would Ryan have saved that?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I’ve always said in the big moments he never keeps us in the game with a huge save, Never. One chance Palace goal ffs.

Quite frankly you are talking rubbish, there have been plenty of occasions this season when Ryan has made an important save when needed, but your lack of memory clearly doesn't fit your agenda.

You clearly don't rate him and he had the temerity to let a goal in against Crystal Palace. He should hang his head in shame and hang up his gloves (if he can reach)...

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I think Ryan is beginning to worry me , 2 weeks running could of made a better effort

It’s miles worse than 2 weeks, he is beaten at his near post far too often and one on ones I just shut my eyes. This ‘great distribution’ is a complete myth too, example on Saturday in the first half we had Maupay one on one with Dann, to be fair Ryan spotted it but then his kick was woeful. Add to that he doesn’t have any real presence and it’s a big problem. This is not knee jerk I’ve consistently said 2 things since last season finished - we need an EPL quality striker and we need a new no 1. Nothing has changed.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Quite frankly you are talking rubbish, there have been plenty of occasions this season when Ryan has made an important save when needed, but your lack of memory clearly doesn't fit your agenda.

You clearly don't rate him and he had the temerity to let a goal in against Crystal Palace. He should hang his head in shame and hang up his gloves (if he can reach)...
He should of saved that

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Was at Colchester United on Saturday and they conceded an almost identical goal to Ayew's winner. One on one and the defender slides in front of the keeper just as the trigger is pulled. Too late to block the shot but enough to unfortunately unsight the keeper just a smidge. Not Maty's fault at all - we should never have let Palace get one on one with the keeper. They didn't let us.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ryan appears to be blaming missing goals for the defeat on Saturday. I think I might be having words with him if I was an Albion player. It could be said that it was Ryan who lost us the game?

Should have kept his mouth shut imo

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18273688.maty-ryan-says-albion-lacking-cutting-edge/

Did you not read the whole article?

The Seagulls have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last eight games and Ryan knows that must change too with every point so precious.

He said: “We need to stop conceding goals.

“If you don’t concede then at least you are only going to draw the game rather than lose the game.

“It has been a bit frustrating that we have only got five clean sheets to our name this season.

“There are always improvements that can be made in any match, so we go will go away, analyse then regroup and go again.”

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

The Seagulls have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last eight games and Ryan knows that must change too with every point so precious.

“If you don’t concede then at least you are only going to draw the game rather than lose the game.

“It has been a bit frustrating that we have only got five clean sheets to our name this season.

“There are always improvements that can be made in any match, so we go will go away, analyse then regroup and go again.”

Why on earth would someone read the whole article, when they have a clear axe to grind, and using selected snippets proves their point, while the whole article doesn’t...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Was at Colchester United on Saturday and they conceded an almost identical goal to Ayew's winner. One on one and the defender slides in front of the keeper just as the trigger is pulled. Too late to block the shot but enough to unfortunately unsight the keeper just a smidge. Not Maty's fault at all - we should never have let Palace get one on one with the keeper. They didn't let us.

And at Real Madrid v Barcelona last night.. first goal, near post with lunging defender...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

No I didn’t! I’m going for them editing the article after I posted the link :smile:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why on earth would someone read the whole article, when they have a clear axe to grind, and using selected snippets proves their point, while the whole article doesn’t...

I have an axe to grind with Ryan? Really? Apart from saying he should have saved the Palace shot and the link I posted, I can’t remember a single other post this season where I’ve said anything critical about him. Over reaction there from you I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here