Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jamie Hamilton

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Hamilton Academical have confirmed defender Jamie Hamilton will spend three days training with Brighton.

The centre-back, 17, has made 12 first-team appearances with Accies this season.

Former Hamilton manager Billy Reid is currently assistant at Premier League Brighton.

"Jamie will return to Hamilton on Thursday in preparation of our visit to Ibrox on Wednesday 4 March," the Scottish Premiership club said.

"This isn't something the club would normally agree to, however, given our close connection with previous manager Billy Reid, we're happy for Brighton to see Jamie in their own environment."

Hamilton has been capped up to under-19 level for Scotland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51622867

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Can he play right back?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
About Billy and Hamilton, I love the story about how Clyde/Hamilton chairman Ronnie Macdonald met him.

He ended up at Clyde that year and on the first day met Reid who is now part of what he refers to as his gang.

He said: "When I took over at Clyde I got rid of almost everybody. I wanted to start afresh but this wee guy was hanging about the tunnel.

"'I want to see you', he said. 'I run the Under-13s here so what's happening with them?' "I like people who are in your face and this wee guy was in mine. He was Billy Reid.

"We put money into youth development and he carried on running the Under-13s then took the reserves.

"When we finished fifth in the First Division we had four full-time players and Billy took them for training every day. It just grew out of that.

"I took him to Hamilton and he has been brilliant."

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
This lad sounds ideal. 17 years old, 12 first team games, 3 red cards (1 rescinded). Can't have too many centre backs.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Blimey, not sure I'm entirely comfortable about this. Imagine if when we were in League Two a Premier League club 'wanted a look' at one of our first team players and took him away for a week?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Imagine if when we were in League Two a Premier League club 'wanted a look' at one of our first team players and took him away for a week?

Hard to say. It is a purely academical question, after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Hard to say. It is a purely academical question, after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see what you did there. Very good. :clap:

Strange to look at him for 3 days unless we can buy players for the U23s mid season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here