Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] No Trains from Eastbourne on Saturday (29 Feb) according to SouthernFail

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
When you go on the Southern site to book tickets (to see what trains are actually running from Polegate to Falmer) they all show change at Lewes for 29 Feb. Go figure.
Doh! You are correct as just checked Trainline. Still unsure why that stops the usual mix of direct and via Lewes trains to the ground. What I did anticipate was a bundle at Polegate but now there will be crush at Lewes. Wonder if the match update will delight in telling us it's an ' enhanced service ' :(

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So the two trains an hour to London start at Polegate - same as always except a different time and they usually start in Eastbourne, I cannot understand why there can't be one train an hour on the Polegate-Brighton shuttle rather than nothing.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Doh! You are correct as just checked Trainline. Still unsure why that stops the usual mix of direct and via Lewes trains to the ground. What I did anticipate was a bundle at Polegate but now there will be crush at Lewes. Wonder if the match update will delight in telling us it's an ' enhanced service ' :(

Unfortunately extra carriages counts as an enhanced service, rather than extra trains, according to Southern.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here