Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bring back the Rope?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
It can seem tempting at times, but I wouldn’t bring it back. Mistakes have been made in the past and will continue to be made.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
That is the difference between us and murderers. We don’t take life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
State sanctioned murder. We don't do it. It's the start of a slippery slope.

As much as my feelings have been challenged down the years I still hold this view.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Given modern forensics, if they can prove a case without any shadow of a doubt and the crime is so sickening it deserves nothing less, than I think we should!

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I can see why in certain cases this is an appealing option (child murder, terrorism) but sooner or later a mistake would be made. VAR seemed a good idea on the PowerPoint slides......
Life should just mean life and with no comforts.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I don't know how I would feel if a loved one was murdered. The tax paid to upkeep these scum also annoys me. Overall however, for reasons already mentioned I am against it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It can seem tempting at times, but I wouldn’t bring it back. Mistakes have been made in the past and will continue to be made.

Agree.

Also, I don't hold with cold blooded killing of fellow humans outside of defensive war.

As I used to say, if someone hurt a member of my family I would want them dead, and would go for them myself given a reasonable chance of success, but I'd expect the laws and indeed the mores of society to nip all that in the bud.

The correct answer to savagery isn't more savagery.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
State sanctioned murder. We don't do it. It's the start of a slippery slope.

As much as my feelings have been challenged down the years I still hold this view.

This.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
With virtually every incident which hits the headlines, there always seems to a campaign for tougher sentences for that particular crime.
Whenever this involves a loss of life, no sentence will ever seem fair to those close to the person who has died, as they have to spend the rest of their lives without the friendship from the person killed.
What is required is a Government that does just increase sentences on a whim, but a process which produces sentences that deter but also give opportunities for rehabilitation.

A death sentence gives no opportunity for release where new evidence comes to light many years after the sentence has been handed down, also if applies to terrorists, it may actually be counter productive as martyr status may be achieved thereby gaining more followers to the terrorists beliefs.

Hopefully this country will never reintroduce the death penalty.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The young British girl murdered in NZ and now this,i am not a Hang em until they Dry merchant,yet this guy will probably get twenty years (?) aka ten. So where as a country do we go ?:dunce: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51618959

I understand where you are coming from, but if it's wrong to take a life how can it then be right that justice is to take a life...?

And as has been said, mistakes have been made...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here