Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Ben's Grandad Has Passed Away

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
To all NSC contributors and readers, on behalf of Brian's family and myself I would like to thank everyone for their kind words. Yesterday was hard, and maybe you could say it was stupid, but there was a good family turn out to see Brian off. If anyone did attend from NSC a special thanks to you. Brian entered the chapel carried by his 3 sons, 2 of his Grandsons (obviously Ben was one) all wearing Brighton shirts with either Dad 76 or Grandad 76 on the back, and myself more soberly dressed but wearing a blue and white stripped tie. He entered to Ava Maria, a song Brian sang as a boy, believe it or not he was a choir boy. Later Nessun Dorma was played and finally at the there could only be one song, Sussex By The Sea by The Royal Grenadier Guards. Blue and white was very prominent in the flowers with a Brighton badge and football amongst them. Finally if anyone wants to do something in Brian's memory please go to giving page on Ian Hart's website where you can give to two charities close to Brian's heart, Marie Curie and Albion In The Community. Once again, thank you to you all.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
To all NSC contributors and readers, on behalf of Brian's family and myself I would like to thank everyone for their kind words. Yesterday was hard, and maybe you could say it was stupid, but there was a good family turn out to see Brian off. If anyone did attend from NSC a special thanks to you. Brian entered the chapel carried by his 3 sons, 2 of his Grandsons (obviously Ben was one) all wearing Brighton shirts with either Dad 76 or Grandad 76 on the back, and myself more soberly dressed but wearing a blue and white stripped tie. He entered to Ava Maria, a song Brian sang as a boy, believe it or not he was a choir boy. Later Nessun Dorma was played and finally at the there could only be one song, Sussex By The Sea by The Royal Grenadier Guards. Blue and white was very prominent in the flowers with a Brighton badge and football amongst them. Finally if anyone wants to do something in Brian's memory please go to giving page on Ian Hart's website where you can give to two charities close to Brian's heart, Marie Curie and Albion In The Community. Once again, thank you to you all.

Sounds like you gave him a great send off to the Goldstone in the sky. RIP Brian

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

An Albion and Sussex themed send off, it doesn't get any better!! Best wishes to you and all of Brian's family.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I am sorry to have missed this as I always liked and respected BG. With deepest sympathy to you and your family.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Thanks for the update, sounds like a very fitting sendoff. AITC donation done.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
to all nsc contributors and readers, on behalf of brian's family and myself i would like to thank everyone for their kind words. Yesterday was hard, and maybe you could say it was stupid, but there was a good family turn out to see brian off. If anyone did attend from nsc a special thanks to you. Brian entered the chapel carried by his 3 sons, 2 of his grandsons (obviously ben was one) all wearing brighton shirts with either dad 76 or grandad 76 on the back, and myself more soberly dressed but wearing a blue and white stripped tie. He entered to ava maria, a song brian sang as a boy, believe it or not he was a choir boy. Later nessun dorma was played and finally at the there could only be one song, sussex by the sea by the royal grenadier guards. Blue and white was very prominent in the flowers with a brighton badge and football amongst them. Finally if anyone wants to do something in brian's memory please go to giving page on ian hart's website where you can give to two charities close to brian's heart, marie curie and albion in the community. Once again, thank you to you all.

rip bg.

Jul 7, 2003
For my walk this evening I took a stroll up through Durrington cemetery. I went to find the resting place of a friend of mine who passed away thirteen years ago last weekend. As I approached his memorial I saw that almost directly opposite were two blue and white floral tributes which, on closer inspection, were at the memorial Brian's mother. As there is space on her memorial I assume Brian will also be interred up there.

My mate was a Liverpool fan so I'm sure that they can have plenty of football discussions up there in the sunshine. RIP BG - I'll remember to say hello when I am passing in future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here