Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Ben's Grandad Has Passed Away

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
It is with great sadness that I have to announce my brother Brian Lisher, known to all as Ben's Grandad, passed away earlier today. Due to his number of posts and often controversial views I doubt if there is anyone on NSC who didn't know him. Brian always had an opinion, very often tongue in cheek, and never failed to get a reaction. He enjoyed the banter and would always give as good as he got. Despite some comments he never took anything personally and in return he never took a real dislike to anyone on here. Ian is arranging the funeral, I'm sure he will post information when it is available for people to pay their last respects. A fitting memory to Brian would be three points on Saturday and another season in the top flight.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sad, sad news.

I’ll miss BG. One of my favourite all time posters on here.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
That's awful news, I'm sorry for your and your family's loss.

BG was a true NSC legend, and his often controversial views and opinions will be sadly missed. I often didn't agree with him, but I did enjoy the exchanges, and his posts often caused me to smile (as well as roll my eyes!).

RIP BG - what was never in doubt was that he bled blue and white...

D

Deleted member 22389

It is with great sadness that I have to announce my brother Brian Lisher, known to all as Ben's Grandad, passed away earlier today. Due to his number of posts and often controversial views I doubt if there is anyone on NSC who didn't know him. Brian always had an opinion, very often tongue in cheek, and never failed to get a reaction. He enjoyed the banter and would always give as good as he got. Despite some comments he never took anything personally and in return he never took a real dislike to anyone on here. Ian is arranging the funeral, I'm sure he will post information when it is available for people to pay their last respects. A fitting memory to Brian would be three points on Saturday and another season in the top flight.

That's so sad. I loved his posts.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Sad news. Can I ask if this was a long illness or sudden? The only reason I ask is that he has been posting very recently. Feel free to tell me to mind my own business of course.

RIP BG x

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm sorry to read that. I met Brian a couple of years ago, and we talked about Nsc and the Albion. He had a twinkle in his eye and said he enjoyed posting his opinions, not necessarily believing what he'd posted.
A sad day. RIP Brian.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How very very sad. Whatever anyone thought of him and his posts there is no doubt he livened this chat room up. And some of his posts were (unintentionally) very very funny. Personally, I always had a bit of time for him even if I rarely agreed. He was also a total gent when I apologized after I made a crass comment about a friend of his.

RIP.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Sad news, condolences to yourself and the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am really sorry to hear about that. That is awful news. As the OP stated, BG was controversial but he loved and cared for the Albion which united us all. He will certainly be missed.

RIP and best wishes to his family at this hard time.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Gutting. :down: Whatever you think of certain people in our community, to lose someone is incredibly sad and especially someone so prominent. It makes you realise how fleeting our existence is. All the best to his family and all of my best wishes and respect to the man himself.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Very sad news for his NSC family to hear.
He stuck up for himself well and he contributed.
RIP BG.
Sorry for your (and all his relatives') loss.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sad news. Can I ask if this was a long illness or sudden? The only reason I ask is that he has been posting very recently. Feel free to tell me to mind my own business of course.

RIP BG x

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn, but he did mention he had COPD, and just recently said he didn't feel well enough to go to games.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Big character on here who was a computer genius.

This is such sad news and a shock as i quite liked him for being a rogue.

All the best at this difficult time.

RIP BG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here