Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Samira Ahmed settles with BBC

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
I'm not a supporter of inequal pay - but the real issue here, and what really winds me up is that Jeremy Vine gets paid £4,000 for making a no-mark 12 minute programme. What a waste of money! £4,000!

Sack Vine and give the job to a young talented lower paid person say I.

And while we're about it, sack all the over 65 years old who cling onto their hugely paid BBC positions and salaries!

It's your and my money!

Grr!

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
Sack all the old people. That's a little bit ageist isn't it?

You might not know any young people but they have a fairly shitty job outlook. I've nothing against old people working but in a publicly funded organisation I regard over 65 year olds as blocking the path to more deserving youngsters who would be cheaper and more interesting too.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'm not a supporter of inequal pay - but the real issue here, and what really winds me up is that Jeremy Vine gets paid £4,000 for making a no-mark 12 minute programme. What a waste of money! £4,000!

And while we're about it, sack all the over 65 years old who cling onto their hugely paid BBC positions and salaries!

It's your and my money!

Grr!

I see what you are trying to say, but sacking someone like attenborough, are you sure? Some roles should be passed on yes, but a blanket sweep across the board no way.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
1) Vine earns £1300 for each episode of Points of View - it used to be more, but he volunteered for a pay cut after the gender pay gap at the BBC was exposed.

2) He is 54.

So I'm not sure it's him you should be going after...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You might not know any young people but they have a fairly shitty job outlook. I've nothing against old people working but in a publicly funded organisation I regard over 65 year olds as blocking the path to more deserving youngsters who would be cheaper and more interesting too.

We have record employment figures so if young people want better jobs they can apply for them.
I worked five years after my retirement date because I wanted to. When I retired, my job was not replaced due to government cuts, so a young person didn't take my place.
How many over 65s work for the BBC? David Attenbrough, Andrew Neil, I thought Andrew Marr but he's only 61.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

It's your and my money!

Grr!

Sorry Lord Sugar

youre-fired-quickmeme-com-youre-fired-alan-sugar-quickmeme-51700944.png

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If the government want more older people taken out of the work-force to make jobs available for youngsters, they shouldn't keep raising the pension age, should they?

theboybilly

'more deserving' 'cheaper'.... interesting :whistle:

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
Attenborough isn't a BBC employee.

My point - read the original post - wasn't about Vine's age, it was about the waste of money paying him £3-4k yes it is for the skanky programme.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

It's your and my money!

Grr!

Wait until you find out what Steve Wright gets paid for essentially putting out the same show every day.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I might not know any young people? Well except for my 2 teenage sons who are 19 and 16 respectively. I know it's hard to find a decent job, but there again when I left school in 1983 it wasn't too clever either. I worry more about the housing situation than the job market though.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
If the government want more older people taken out of the work-force to make jobs available for youngsters, they shouldn't keep raising the pension age, should they?

Or they could re-imburse the WASPI women.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Don’t worry, the NHS are doing their bit. Wait until corona takes hold, that should drive the number of elderly deaths up. Bloody pensioners, you know, living! The cheek of it after paying in all those years...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here