Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Mick Fleetwood's tribute gig to Peter Green

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I can still remember in about 1964/5 at the age of 11 hearing “Need your love so bad” on the radio when I was setting up my Scalextric. It blew me away. There are a handful of songs where I can remember where I was when I first heard them.

The origin Fleetwood Mac were great value in the 1960s!

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I first saw Peter Green playing with John Mayall back in the '60s. That was in Brighton, Ricky Farr's Florida Rooms at what is now the Sealife Centre. He was young, tall , dark and good looking.
Fast forward to the early 2000's and a gig in the Midlands by PG'S Splinter Group. The man was now bloated and gross and looked not always quite "with it", but boy! He could still play a mean guitar.... he has a lovely touch. Albatross and Man of the World were the highlights for me.

I would have loved to go to the tribute gig, if it is filmed I hope it is put on t v ....Sky Arts perhaps?

https://domecinema.co.uk/DomeCinema..._0.TcsPerformance_19332848.TcsSection_5265918

Bit steep at £12.50 though.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I was there last night, but for me, it just didn't live up to expectations (like a lot of things in life), but it was still an enjoyable evening.
Always good to see Gilmour, of course. 20200225_213008.jpg

20200225_205602.jpg

20200225_201410.jpg

Last edited:

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
It was superb...a great, varied mix of performers. Peter himself was lurking, quietly, in a box at the Palladium. There's already a few songs on YouTube and social media.

Cheers
good to see the fashion victim gilmour, lol ,
wished i was there !!!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
According to the review in today's Grauniad Jeremy Spencer joined in at the end. That must have been worth it alone.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
According to the review in today's Grauniad Jeremy Spencer joined in at the end. That must have been worth it alone.

Not just the finale, which featured everyone (I think) apart from Gilmour and Gallagher, Jeremy also performed The Sky Is Crying and I Can't Hold Out. Here's one of my pics (can't seem to embed at the moment - the option isn't there for me)

Attachments

• jeremy.jpg
    jeremy.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 28

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here