Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Mick Fleetwood's tribute gig to Peter Green

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Anyone going tomorrow night?
Gutted I couldn't get a ticket (still keeping an eye out though). Peter Green is always my vote when the "best guitarist ever" thread regularly pops up on NSC.
Was lucky enough to see him play at the Komedia (spotted Gary Moore in the audience). Old and fat but still, chaps an absolute leg-end.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I couldn't get a ticket either, the gig looks fantastic. Apparently Mick has said that Peter may well be there even if he doesn't play.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Gutted I couldn't get a ticket (still keeping an eye out though). Peter Green is always my vote when the "best guitarist ever" thread regularly pops up on NSC.
Was lucky enough to see him play at the Komedia (spotted Gary Moore in the audience). Old and fat but still, chaps an absolute leg-end.

Saw him with John Mayall about 20 years ago in Tunbridge Wells when he was somewhat fragile but occasionally he was at his brilliant best. His instrumental rendition of Man of the World was sublime.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I managed to get a pair of tickets (somehow!) for this show during the presale. Even that was bonkers! I'm a Floydhead so it was principally on the strength of knowing David Gilmour was taking part. There's a picture of him rehearsing Albatross, presumably over the weekend, which I've just spotted on Facebook...

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton

where is the gig ?
may be worth giving it a shot if its not too far away ...

Saw him with John Mayall about 20 years ago in Tunbridge Wells when he was somewhat fragile but occasionally he was at his brilliant best. His instrumental rendition of Man of the World was sublime.

I was there as well, didn't spot you or I would have said hello :)

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I was very fortunate to meet Peter Green, outside the back of the Sunderland Empire (late 90s/early00s) after a gig with John Mayall and Buddy Whittington, Peter 'headlined' with the Splinter Group. Afterwards, as was my thing at the time, (I was about 20ish) I headed outside to grab some autographs not expecting to see Peter tbh, but after chatting to Buddy, he told us Peter usually left via another exit as he still found adoring 'crowds' somewhat daunting, so we made our way round to the other exit and he appeared along with Nigel Watson (lovely bloke btw) and I manged to blurt out something about him being a hero of mine... he signed my programme and I was (and remain) utterly starstruck. Sure he was old, frail looking and podgy but he could still play with that soul and fire which was/is all of his own. Man of the World, which was performed as an instrumental that night was beautiful, poignant and tear jerking.

Yes; he's quite rightly assured of his place in the legends of the late 60s guitar boom.

God bless him, and I wish I could be there.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Saw Splinter Group a good few times at various venues as I absolutely adore Peter Green's playing. Just occasionally, in those gigs, he would come out with the most beautiful, sublime piece of playing that nobody else could have done. Great shame as he was the very best !
Whoever is going - I envy you. Don't forget to post a gig review !!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Not going. Read about it then forgot. Oh Well - I can accept it, I'm a Man of the World:smile:

Actually Green Manalishi is top of my Peter Green list. Tragic circumstance created out of his state of mind at the time, but what a unique, menacing, slightly scary masterpiece. A memorable highlight of my teenage years.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
SaUQxcYpZTZphtajNYe2F6-1200-80.jpg

Not much of a Green fan but at Twickenham in the summer with 80,000 others I enjoyed this fella playing the guitar that Green gave to Gary Moore. Kirk allegedly paid £1.5 million to stop this legend just sitting in a collectors vault too.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Saw Peter Green at the Komedia 2010 when Gary Moore was in the audience. Bitter sweet moment, he needed a lot of support from the other musicians but came to life at times with his guitar playing.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Not going. Read about it then forgot. Oh Well - I can accept it, I'm a Man of the World:smile:

Actually Green Manalishi is top of my Peter Green list. Tragic circumstance created out of his state of mind at the time, but what a unique, menacing, slightly scary masterpiece. A memorable highlight of my teenage years.

What an Epic ,
Dark and Sinister ,
Black Magic Man !

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I first saw Peter Green playing with John Mayall back in the '60s. That was in Brighton, Ricky Farr's Florida Rooms at what is now the Sealife Centre. He was young, tall , dark and good looking.
Fast forward to the early 2000's and a gig in the Midlands by PG'S Splinter Group. The man was now bloated and gross and looked not always quite "with it", but boy! He could still play a mean guitar.... he has a lovely touch. Albatross and Man of the World were the highlights for me.

I would have loved to go to the tribute gig, if it is filmed I hope it is put on t v ....Sky Arts perhaps?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here