Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dominic Cummins

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Oh I don't know. For his sake, maybe, but got the good of the nation?

I have heard from a source close to government that he is actually seriously ill - when I saw him on TV sunsequently i thought that was the case - he will be remembered but not missed

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I thought it was just me getting more left wing as I got older. Maybe it's me, but I'm sure dumb questions based on lies were called out by the chair long before they got put to the panel in the old days.

After years of watching BBC news that has now been binned off in favour of Channel 4. When so called journalists are incapable of picking up a politician on the most simple and blatant lie I do wonder where they were trained or what research they have done :rolleyes:

*edit* Or what brief they are given

I think we can all agree that the likely demographic of BBC employees means that there are probably more pro-Europeans than Brexiteers in Broadcasting House. Having said that, for the life of me, and even factoring in possible bias on my part, I can see no evidence of the corporation's output being skewed towards remain.

To the contrary, the BBC seems so utterly terrified of upsetting its paymasters in Downing Street that it goes the other way if anywhere. When Brexit was still up for grabs - pre-Dec 12 - I'd switch over to Sky News for straightforward news coverage rather than watch the BBC's excellent reporters having to jump through hoops to maintain some sort of spurious 'balance', usually seeming to involve vox-pops from Hartlepool. And still it goes on - as reported on here only a couple of weeks ago Fiona Bruce allowed a nonsense lie from an alleged plant in the QT audience to go unchallenged.

If anyone is threatening the impartiality of the BBC it's the dismantlers of Downing Street.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I think we can all agree that the likely demographic of BBC employees means that there are probably more pro-Europeans than Brexiteers in Broadcasting House. Having said that, for the life of me, and even factoring in possible bias on my part, I can see no evidence of the corporation's output being skewed towards remain.

To the contrary, the BBC seems so utterly terrified of upsetting its paymasters in Downing Street that it goes the other way if anywhere. When Brexit was still up for grabs - pre-Dec 12 - I'd switch over to Sky News for straightforward news coverage rather than watch the BBC's excellent reporters having to jump through hoops to maintain some sort of spurious 'balance', usually seeming to involve vox-pops from Hartlepool. And still it goes on - as reported on here only a couple of weeks ago Fiona Bruce allowed a nonsense lie from an alleged plant in the QT audience to go unchallenged.

If anyone is threatening the impartiality of the BBC it's the dismantlers of Downing Street.

I think the most worrying thing is that HM Government is still avoiding the Today programme and (even) GMB. For once I'm finding common cause with Piers Morgan! The Government is not the same thing as the Tory Party.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
not quite sure what this should matter much, its up to the panel to address the questions. personally i cant stand it anymore, its been soundbites and pithy response for some time.

I was just addressing his point. There is evidence of plants

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I think the most worrying thing is that HM Government is still avoiding the Today programme and (even) GMB. For once I'm finding common cause with Piers Morgan! The Government is not the same thing as the Tory Party.

quite remarkable that they're dodging GMB- Piers Morgan has stated publicly that he voted Conservative in the recent election and despite apparently voting remain, has been backing "getting brexit done" for ages- and even endorsed Johnson when he first became PM....if anything they'd probably get a relatively easy ride on that show if they just bothered to turn up, instead they're making it easy for Morgan- who seems to be some sort of Gammon Demigod- to slag them off to his large social media following. Baffling

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here