Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Fake street food coming to you real soon!

Jul 7, 2003
My son is not rude Far from it
Anyway you still have not answered me Have you ever run a small business If you had you would know It's not a clever thing to take out your bad days on customers I will repeat the man has a lot of competition Neither I or my son wish the man bad But if his burgers are as good as you say You have to ask yourself why he's still selling fron a garden shed after 8 years

First of all, there may have been a good reason why he didn't serve either your son or [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] two minutes before his official opening time. It could be he was just finishing his prep, it could be that the grill was still heating up so he couldn't start cooking yet. I'm fairly sure most shops in Churchill Square stick to their opening times so why shouldn't any other business?

As for selling from a shed, he has had other premises but he likes to have direct contact with his customers. He hated being stuck away in a kitchen which is why he quit the pubs and went back to something closer to street food. He is also someone who cares about what he does and didn't like it when he employed others who were not able to deliver the quality he wanted.

One last thing - over the last few years he has worked with other local businesses to open up on Christmas Day and provide hot food to the homeless. Not everyone is in business for the money.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
As a rejoinder, I'd take the word of any 'provider' who has built up a reputation on quality and value over any customer who knows they can shop anywhere, for that is their right, and it's their money, and they're always right, ...

Very salient point this. If you are passionate about what you want to do, and have the minerals to do it, then fickle customers become pretty tedious.

We have a very unofficial/off the record approach of the customer is seldom right, you just have to make them think they are

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Jamaican street food van behind George street hove by the Tesco’s car park is brilliant and actually tastes like proper Caribbean food.

Give it a go

And the music is great sat next to it drinking red stripe and eating jerk chicken

Yeah man.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Very salient point this. If you are passionate about what you want to do, and have the minerals to do it, then fickle customers become pretty tedious.

We have a very unofficial/off the record approach of the customer is seldom right, you just have to make them think they are

I spent 6.5 years working in retail and found that most customers were lovely. The exceptions were those that thought they were always right, and we found that the best way to get through it was to really ham it up and be obsequious to them, fawn over them, insist on calling them sir or madam, etc.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I spent 6.5 years working in retail and found that most customers were lovely. The exceptions were those that thought they were always right, and we found that the best way to get through it was to really ham it up and be obsequious to them, fawn over them, insist on calling them sir or madam, etc.

I felt a little mean spirited when I re read what I wrote. You are correct again, the majority of people /customers are great, unfortunately the moaners often stick out. Bit like NSC really.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Just polished off a Trollburger...

It’s the first I’ve had for a while (since his days at the wood yard) and MY GOODNESS, there has been no drop-off in quality.

Nightfire Burger & Chips - just delicious. Not a cheap eat at £12, but just enough time (6 mins) for a lovely pint of Burning Sky’s Aurora while I waited for my take-away makes it all the better.

I might need a nap at my desk though :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here