Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] What film scene wiped you out ?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
First they killed my father - The scene when the KR take her father away. They all know whats coming. A very emotional scene from a very underated movie.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Too many films do me in, from ET in the tent to Spock dieing at the end of Wrath of Khan, but songs also do it, so this one always turns me into a mess of snot and tears.
Watched it as a child, then with my own kids and now it's the turn of the Grand kids.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The Russian Roulette scene in The Deer Hunter.

Incredibly powerful, especially in the context of the film itself.

Robert de Niro and Christopher Walken’s finest hour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wanted to puke watching that

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The scene in Return of the Jedi where Luke embraces the dark side to pummel vader into submission.

The passing of the baton from the old to the young .... the realisation of the sudden, and previously unthinkable, mortality and vulnerability of the father .... the lesson to the 8 year old me that first saw it that it's not as simple as just good against evil, one will always borrow from the other.

John Williams nails it as well

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bloody Hell - you beat me to it. Been a teary day already, what with BG....

Too many films do me in, from ET in the tent to Spock dieing at the end of Wrath of Khan, but songs also do it, so this one always turns me into a mess of snot and tears.
Watched it as a child, then with my own kids and now it's the turn of the Grand kids.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Railway Children is an excellent shout, one I'd never have remembered without others posting.

Duprosed no one has posted Forest Gump. Many moving moments throughout, but Bubba Gumps death moved me more than Jenny or his Mums.

Weirdly find John Nash's Nobel acceptance speech very moving at the end of a Beautiful Mind too

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here