Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] What film scene wiped you out ?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Two spring to mind

My wife worked for Disney for almost 20 yrs, and we went to a special screening of this before it was released....not a dry eye in the house. Probably the most emotional opening to any Disney / Pixar movie ever.
We've known each other since we were kids too, so relate to this scene so well....We still blub every time we watch it, I still call her my "Ellie", and I still have the "Grape Soda" pin she bought for my birthday a few years ago.

Magical.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Won't post the clip as not to ruin it for anyone that hasn't seen it , but the ending of a film called The Mist is a right wtf brain wobbler , the film itself is pretty tame but worth watching for the ending .

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
And that scene rightly called out as utter nonsense by critics at the time as “a racist attack on the Vietnamese people, articles in Harper's. The Los Angeles Times, Seven Days and L.A. Weekly have called the film “a lie,” “a criminal violation of the truth” and a “horrific history” in which‐ all the non‐Americans are ”sweaty, crazy, vicious and debauched.”

Fantastic film though...

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Brief Encounter - I love that bit when the big spaceship comes down.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Elliot seeing the sunflowers resurrect after ET dies. Who can keep a dry eye?

I've never been in a food bank and have no reason to doubt the sources of Ken Loach's film, and this scene in I, Daniel Blake, though it probably doesn't work solo, stunned the cinema I was in. Wiped us out. Artistically beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_n7o30Ra60

I Daniel Blake was brilliant and this scene was very moving.

So was the end!

I also teared up at the end of Philadelphia. Neil Young's song is so much better than Springsteen's from the film.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Won't post the clip as not to ruin it for anyone that hasn't seen it , but the ending of a film called The Mist is a right wtf brain wobbler , the film itself is pretty tame but worth watching for the ending .

Second mention of this US b-movie on the thread. Aren’t they in traffic at the end and the mist clears? A bizarre film for Brit actor Toby Jones to cut his teeth on too, as a supermarket cashier. Directed by Frank Darabont of The Walking Dead fame, several actors from The Mist also appeared in The Walking Dead series.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
In Where Eagles Dare the same German soldiers get shot several times lol.

All the women’s make up and bouffant hair was late 60s style, which was when the film was made, the helicopter that lands in the Schloss Adler wasn’t made until after the war, 1950s I believe, the bus they escape on at the end was a 1960s model, the only authentic thing in that film was the gestapo bloke’s lips ffs ...and even he was English!

:amex:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Before [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] gets anywhere near this I'm going for Debbie Does Dallas.
what scene wiped you out not what scene you had to wipe up after :D :D

For me, the scene in 'Grave of the Fireflies' where the Setsuko is delirious with illness and malnutrition and gives her brother rice balls made of rock. In fact pretty much all of the second half of 'Grave of the Fireflies'. And much of the first half. Just thinking about it now has me welling up tbh :)

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm going to say a few that would certainly get my mates in the pub calling me an old girls blouse, and no doubt you guys too. But here goes.

The end of Titanic. Sorry, I know, I know, but I can't help loving that film

Jerry Maguire. Frankly loads of it. This was a classic case of AALs on a plane, combined with having made a pre-flight decision to split up with my girlfriend of two years. As the tears welled up as Jerry and Dorothy finally got together I changed my mind, fell into her arms at the airport and asked her to marry me six months later. 19 years of happy marriage later I still say I have this film to thank :lolol:

JoJo Rabbit - won't spoil it but if you've seen it you know what I mean, and then everything from then to the end. This movie moved me so much and now takes a special place in my list of favourite films

Toy Story 3 / Up / Coco - damn these disney / pixar people know how to pull the heart strings

that will do for now :cry:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
In Where Eagles Dare the same German soldiers get shot several times lol.

When the Lysander, or whatever it was, flies over the snowy peaks at the beginning, if you look closely after it passes over a long line of pine trees, you can just make out BG in costume as a mountain goat in the middle of a herd of them filing up a mountain pass.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Irreversible affected me enough that I've not dared to watch it again.

It's a weird film. The camera is constantly moving and swirling except for two scenes; one of brutal sexual assault and the other of brutal violence. It's a horrific thing because you've gotten accustomed to the camera being in constant movement until these two scenes where it stops and forces you to watch.

Really unsettling.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
From a technical point of view, the opening scene in Spectre (James Bond) 2015 is simply stunning genius. I'm sure there's some CGI, but it appears to be just one camera tracking shot that goes on and on and on, and with so many extras, that's very hard to get right. Amazing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here