Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Will we beat the Irish?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
After a great weekend of sports so far, let's carry on with the rugby... Come on England!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All over if we don’t. World Cup Finalists, we need to get back to dominating good teams. Home advantage will swing it,imo

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
France are going to win it now.

Can you see the Scots busting a gut at Murrayfield in a fortnight to help England and if the Irish can't win it on the final day, England have shot themselves in the foot this afternoon.

Eddie Jones will be getting used to finishing second. Not good enough.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Can you see the Scots busting a gut at Murrayfield in a fortnight to help England and if the Irish can't win it on the final day, England have shot themselves in the foot this afternoon.

In France they got the bounce of the ball, today we have had it. Championships are won or lost on it. We have totally mullered Ireland so far with the help of the ball bounces.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

After our dismal first performance all we can do is win every other match, hope the French slip up somewhere, hope that we win it on points scored/conceded. I will be happy from here if we only have the one defeat.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Not 100% sure of this. Ireland in Paris is the last match. There may still be something on this.

England are a good team and doing well. But others are strong too. It's good to see the French back. 2010 their last win.

If England finish second with a single defeat in Paris, combined with a WCF appearance, it's been a good season.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What a shit decision not to give the penalty for May being taken out after he’d kicked the ball.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Strange refereeing today, the Irish have been " unsporting " several times and always seem to have got away with it.. The punching assault on Farrell for hanging on was particularly dubious.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Strange refereeing today, the Irish have been " unsporting " several times and always seem to have got away with it.. The punching assault on Farrell for hanging on was particularly dubious.

South African ref and TMO, enough said

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I had a big bet on Ireland to win the Six Nations at the beginning so my grapes are a bit sour!

Still stand by my prediction that the French will win it (and hopefully with a Grand Slam if the Orish can't mathematically do it on the final Saturday). This afternoon will sting. Both for them and me. I was beginning to dream of a 4/1 pay out.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Not 100% sure of this. Ireland in Paris is the last match. There may still be something on this.

England are a good team and doing well. But others are strong too. It's good to see the French back. 2010 their last win.

If England finish second with a single defeat in Paris, combined with a WCF appearance, it's been a good season.

A very good post.

It's certainly been a brilliant Six Nations so far in quality (with incredibly difficult conditions in the Calcutta Cup).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I had a big bet on Ireland to win the Six Nations at the beginning so my grapes are a bit sour!

Still stand by my prediction that the French will win it (and hopefully with a Grand Slam if the Orish can't mathematically do it on the final Saturday). This afternoon will sting. Both for them and me. I was beginning to dream of a 4/1 pay out.

France are nailed on Grand Slam winners now. What are the odds?

With Shaun Edwards they finally have a truly world class defensive coach. They only have to play the awful Scots, then with the huge advantage of playing in Paris they face this Ireland team that choke away at big rugby nations.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
France are nailed on Grand Slam winners now. What are the odds?

With Shaun Edwards they finally have a truly world class defensive coach. They only have to play the awful Scots, then with the huge advantage of playing in Paris they face this Ireland team that choke away at big rugby nations.

I think the French will do it. But they have lost their last three matches at Murrayfield.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think the French will do it. But they have lost their last three matches at Murrayfield.

Before they had this grit with Shaun Edwards.

Plus Scotland under Gregor Townsend peaked a year ago. Since then, key players have retired and their best player Finn Russell won’t play for them again whilst GT is the manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here