Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Schelotto substitution

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yeah if I have to choose between the "fun, but shit right back" and "boring, and also shit right back", I go with the fun one.

Ha. I'm loathe to call either of them SHIT, but I understand the sentiment. Both do have glaring deficiencies in their skill sets, though.

I'm hoping for Lamptey or Alzate though.

Looking forward to seeing our tiny new lad, yes.

Not Alzate though - not at right back - simply because that is a waste of his huge talent / potential. We should be building the team around him, in his proper CM position.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yeah if I have to choose between the "fun, but shit right back" and "boring, and also shit right back", I go with the fun one.

I'm hoping for Lamptey or Alzate though.

Harsh, Montoya certainly isn’t that bad defensively and arguably crosses a better ball than Schelotto.

Alzate isn’t a right back and in fact on current form would be a better proposition than Mooy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Harsh, Montoya certainly isn’t that bad defensively and arguably crosses a better ball than Schelotto.

Alzate isn’t a right back and in fact on current form would be a better proposition than Mooy.

Schelotto every time over Montoya for me, more pace and much more capable of causing problems for the opposition when he runs at them. Neither are great at relentless defending though.

I have come to the conclusion that he must have winked at your wife at some stage to cause this unreasonable agenda against him :wink:

Oh and Schelotto is a character, Montoya comes across as quite boring in comparison :lolol:

Only one is capable of being a cult figure, keep winding the opposition and their fans up like he did at Sheffield and The Greyhound will soon become one (he is for me already btw)

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I was at that game! 2 September 1978! Horton and Poskett got the other 2 goals and we won 4-1, having also had two goals ruled out for offside! It was a second half rout after a 1-1 HT scoreline. I went with a Millwall-supporting pal and we stood with the home fans. I had to sit on my hands and stay silent every time the Albion scored. Agony. I managed to conceal my true colours and my pal didn't give me away, which is just as well as it was an extremely hostile environment and the crowd were very wound up by the Albion team and fans.

What a great sporting day that was, with Sussex winning the Gillette Cup too!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Thought he had a good game yesterday, improving as the game went on. Never stopped running.

Did others notice that his substitution provoked the best and worst from the home fans? When substituted, in accordance with the new rules he left the field on the side of the pitch to which he was closest which sparked a ripple of applause for his gentlemanly behaviour from a pocket of the Sheffield fans closest to him.

He then received a well-earned and vocal ovation from the Albion fans as he shuffled along the goal-line in front of us on his way back to the bench. As he turned the corner to walk past the Sheffield fans towards the dug out he faced a torrent of abuse from the locals who thought he’d been “dishing it out” on the pitch in the first half.

What did the Greyhound do in response as he jogged along the touchline? He displayed a massive grin to all, accompanied by alternating thumbs ups, hand waves and applause to the baying locals. Pure class.

One of my favourite moments of the afternoon!

I thought he had a great game. A couple of friends who were in the home end picked him out and asked who he was etc. so he was doing something right.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Schelotto every time over Montoya for me, more pace and much more capable of causing problems for the opposition when he runs at them. Neither are great at relentless defending though.

I have come to the conclusion that he must have winked at your wife at some stage to cause this unreasonable agenda against him :wink:

Oh and Schelotto is a character, Montoya comes across as quite boring in comparison :lolol:

Only one is capable of being a cult figure, keep winding the opposition and their fans up like he did at Sheffield and The Greyhound will soon become one (he is for me already btw)

That must be your only rationale argument...... character......[emoji2]

He certainly has pace, can’t be arsed at times to run back though..... outpaced everyone at Sheffield time and time again and then crossed into the keepers hands...

Can’t be footballing ability though, as normally you know your stuff.....

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
After about 15 minutes there was a break in play when Schelotto went over to touchline had a fairly animated chat with Potter - not long after that Mooy changed his position and we had far more say in the game for rest of the first half

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
I too am very nervous that Potter will believe Schelotto has enough to keep Zaha under control. The points on Saturday are truly crucial, and with Schelotto style defending we could be torn apart if we're not careful. I didn't think we'd ever see the Greyhound again after he went on loan, but here we are once again, hoping that he doesn't do anything too daft. Barmy for a club trying to survive in the glorious EPL.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
After about 15 minutes there was a break in play when Schelotto went over to touchline had a fairly animated chat with Potter - not long after that Mooy changed his position and we had far more say in the game for rest of the first half

Maupay noticeably dropped back as a result of that discussion didn't he ?

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I too am very nervous that Potter will believe Schelotto has enough to keep Zaha under control. The points on Saturday are truly crucial, and with Schelotto style defending we could be torn apart if we're not careful.

You are having a laugh, right? You do know Palace have scored the fewest goals in the PL and less than 1 goal per game. We pissed all over them at Selhurst! :glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here