Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Away Support

Good numbers yesterday, but thought the away support was poor. It doesn't help when trying to get some noise going, people turn round and look at you as if you've lost the plot.

On the pitch we were OK so cannot use that as an excuse. Had a few fans get the ump when swear words were shouted, from others around me, including me I'll admit, but has our away support just gone soft? A lot of people twice my age there, just happy to stand and watch the game then slate others around them for making noise, felt let down yesterday.

I'll admit this is one thing I miss from the Championship and League One away days, seemed to be more grit in the away ends. Tell me if I'm being a baby otherwise.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I really dont have the insight you do as I wasnt there and I'm even less capable of comparing it with your Championship/L1 years, but on my stream you could hear the Brighton fans quite a few times which has usually not been the case many times, home or away.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A lot of the Sheff Utd fans on twitter saying how good our support was yesterday, some even saying the best this season.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The travelling audience came across loud and proud on the radio, one Blades fan on their forum described us as deafening at times.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Thought the support was pretty good to be fair. Supported the team throughout particularly in the 2nd half when most of game was at the opposite end.
Plenty of young ‘uns go to away matches but the culture seems to be one of getting pissed up and having a laff with your mates. No problems with than but not conducive to roaring your team on.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Support wasn’t at all bad. I was down the front and noise was kept up throughout. You do get some people who are a bit weird when you start shouting but they’re in a minority aren’t they?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I think being in a long low/shallow stand like that (like Molineaux) means that you can't often feel/hear the rest of the support. I too thought it was a bit quieter than on some away days, but listening to the United fans chatting when walking back to the station they were full of praise for the numbers and noise level. So - I think it's as much that you can't hear what's alongside you as much as what's behind you - and if there isn't much behind you...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Good numbers yesterday, but thought the away support was poor. It doesn't help when trying to get some noise going, people turn round and look at you as if you've lost the plot.

On the pitch we were OK so cannot use that as an excuse. Had a few fans get the ump when swear words were shouted, from others around me, including me I'll admit, but has our away support just gone soft? A lot of people twice my age there, just happy to stand and watch the game then slate others around them for making noise, felt let down yesterday.

I'll admit this is one thing I miss from the Championship and League One away days, seemed to be more grit in the away ends. Tell me if I'm being a baby otherwise.

Have more beer, then you won't care about the 'people who turn round and look'.

:albion2:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I thought they come across lond and clear on R5L :thumbsup:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Disappointed with their crowd TBH I expected more, couldn't hear their first rendition of their KO song because of the noise we were making.

Its quite a good way end though with a low roof cover a lot of our support.

Whole day was a challenge by train though 4 out of 6 trains were are least 15 minutes late.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I genuinely think I was in a poor area and was surrounded by boring fans lol Looking forward to Wolves. If what has been said is true, then I'll happily eat my words.

Depends where you were in a stand like that.

Ever since we were promoted we added 1k 'loyal' fans to our away following, and sometimes you're going to be surrounded by this lot and yes, it's desperately depressing as the majority of them are mutes who have no idea what is expected of an away crowd.

We traditionally took 1000-2000 for a long time and I still see the same faces.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I really dont have the insight you do as I wasnt there and I'm even less capable of comparing it with your Championship/L1 years, but on my stream you could hear the Brighton fans quite a few times which has usually not been the case many times, home or away.

you really do love a little dig at our fans, don't you eh? Away we're up there with the best, imo, certainly in comparison to the majority of away fans at the Amex the last few seasons. Always noisy when I go away (which admittedly isn't that often thesedays) - going way back into the lower league days.

And the last few home atmospheres at away games have also highlighted that the issue of atmosphere at the Amex is by no means limited to us. Sheff Utd are 6th and the atmosphere sounded very average from them yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here