Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can anyone explain the actual point of VAR

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
If we have to have it I would only support it for retrospective serious unseen foul play that ended up with the opposition gaining an advantage or a player needed carding/sending off - the ref hasn’t got eyes in the back of his head syndrome. If a free kick or penalty results, fair enough.
For general play, leave the decisions to the referee and assistants (who may need to have their authority upgraded to be proactive). I’m not too bothered about the odd offside being wrong- it’s part of the game that we, deep down, quite enjoy having a moan about. It will get rid of most of the farce that currently exists.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
On the train back from the game today

What is the point of it?

I’ve asked this question from Day 1

We know that most referees are pretty useless. And therefore it follows that most VAR referees are fairly useless (as they are the same human beings)

So it follows that there will be as many VAR errors as errors by referees on the pitch

So what is the point?

Please
Had a call from the club yesterday asking me would i like to attend a meeting with a guy called Chris at the club regarding VAR. Bloke on the phone said the club has received a lot of complaints. Not sure if he meant a lot of chucked in there season ticket like me. Reason for me thinking like this as i don't see the point attending as i have no intention of renewing due to VAR. Efforts are better spent on season ticket holders who have renewed but are unhappy.
Be interesting to hear from the club how many people have given up on there season ticket due to VAR ?
When you cancel your membership they ask you for a reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here