Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Midfield today

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I thought Bissouma had a half decent game to be honest. It's not their fault we were regularly bypassing them with long balls.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
sitting back, soaking it up

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Where the f.uck was it?

Still at the training camp ? Thought the midfield was utter shit. We created very little today. The real men were the defenders. We had so many corners to defend and we dealt with them superbly. Dunk and Co made sure we took home a point today.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I thought Bissouma had a half decent game to be honest. It's not their fault we were regularly bypassing them with long balls.

I'm lost with his shooting? He had 2 attempts from range and both shots were very weak. The a mount of times he has a go from 400 yards you'd assume his strength is shooting from range, but then when you actually see him shoot. you wonder why is he so confident shooting from such distance when every time it's a weak, bobbling shot?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As I wrote in the match thread: was obvious from minute one that we did not want this game to be about the midfield. Hoof it long and force Sheffield to do the same was the tactic and it worked quite well. I think we should be pretty happy that Mooy-Pröpper-Bissouma vs Fleck-Berger-Norwood wasnt the key aspect of this game.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I’m not a Stephens fan, but we missed him today. Propper cannot play that role, his game is to intricate. The idea that Burn and Schelotto would provide attacking width today was easily unpicked by a high press. A great point away from home, I don’t think we deserved anything more from the game

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That lot aren’t a real top six side we just failed to win any second balls, midfield turned over possession far to easily.

Nope...i think you could be mistaken there

Liverpool
26 46 76
Man City
26 38 54
Leicester
26 28 50
Chelsea
27 8 44
Tottenham
27 8 40
Sheff Utd
27 4 40

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Thought we were reasonably solid in midfield, just didn’t really do anything productive with the ball when we had it there. Bissouma was good, Propper and Mooy quite average.

We really miss Alzate and I think Mooy will be lucky to keep his place when Mac Allister is ready, he’s been poor recently (decent set pieces mind).

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I’m not a Stephens fan, but we missed him today. Propper cannot play that role, his game is to intricate. The idea that Burn and Schelotto would provide attacking width today was easily unpicked by a high press. A great point away from home, I don’t think we deserved anything more from the game

Haven't read all the match day thread, Stephens just rested or injured?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

THIS. Absolutely. And I was there

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No doubt we missed Stephens, this game was tailor made for him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here