Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Red Card - Sheff Utd

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
It's clear that most think he should have been sent off, and even I who didn't think he should have been sent off would not have thought it outrageous if he had been. The handball is bugging me though. If the ball has struck an attacking players hand in the build up to a goal, however unintentional or unavoidable, it is always ruled no goal on account of the handball, which makes me wonder if Sheffield had gone up the other end and scored directly after that handball, if VAR then would have given us a penalty?
Different rules for attacking and defending. Nothing to do with VAR. It is the daft nonsensical rules

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
He was right, he used his hand to stop the ball

I doubt match of the day will spend much time discussing Brighton tonight, it’ll be all about Sheffield United’s charge to the Champion’s League places having a little hiccup

Didn't even show the handball incident. MotD gets worse and worse.

Laridae

Apr 28, 2011
West of Sussex
Now that VAR have admitted they got it wrong, surely Lo Celso can be given a 3 match retrospective ban? Lundstram too if they decide they've had an all-round cock-up day.
Absolutely, was thinking exactly the same thing.. surely this now has to happen?

Edit.. Seen posts saying this can't be done as it was investigated by VAR at the time.. Total madness!

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
With that ref if it had been a Brighton player I suggest he would have got a red and a pen would have been given if it had been a Brighton handball in the box. The crowd would have swayed it as they did so many things today. The ref was so for Sheffield it was embarrassing and irritating.

Not sure that's true. I think he wanted the game to flow. Could easily have sent off Pröpper for his body slam on one of their players off the ball, but went yellow. As the game got niggly, they started play acting a bit (end of first half), he just waved play on.

It was a physical game. He did ok. VAR has emasculated officials, esp linesmen. We're seeing the natural consequence of that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was but not when playing away with a weak ref and a hostile crowd. VAR made a few cock ups today in other games too didn’t it?

Not VAR.

The clowns using the tool, and the rules that are ambiguous.

As I posted elsewhere, a chainsaw is a good tool in the right hands, but....

texas-chainsaw-massacre.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If ours wasn’t a pen then what about Burnley’s?

The were really quite different. Ours the ball was kicked at him from a yard away, the Burnley was a high crossed ball he could see coming and had plenty of time to adjust his body to avoid the arm contact.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Our’worst’2 sending offs in the last couple of seasons, Knocky at Everton, Andone against Bournemouth, I thought this was as bad as both of them.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Just seen the repeated replays and it looks as bad as Andone's red vs Southampton.

Consistency, please !

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
As I said elsewhere today all VAR does is facilitate more possible errors of judgement. The technology itself does nothing other than enable a human to make a decision. If that decision is wrong then it is still wrong even if technology assisted them in making it. Add in ambiguous wording like clear and obvious error which in itself is open to interpretation and it's just a cluster**** of potential errors.

I've always suspected that refs are a bunch of wankers. But in the past they have had various excuses. They may have been unsighted, it all happens so quickly and they only get one chance to see the incident.
Now they haven't got those excuses. They are just a bunch of wankers.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If ours wasn’t a pen then what about Burnley’s?

The were really quite different. Ours the ball was kicked at him from a yard away, the Burnley was a high crossed ball he could see coming and had plenty of time to adjust his body to avoid the arm contact.

I was thinking more about man city's, ball whacked straight at Leicester player from close range

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I've always suspected that refs are a bunch of wankers. But in the past they have had various excuses. They may have been unsighted, it all happens so quickly and they only get one chance to see the incident.
Now they haven't got those excuses. They are just a bunch of wankers.
Yep, I’m fully convinced they decide pre season who they want to give a hand to at both ends of the table. Tap a Liverpool player free kick/pen. We’ve had one pen all season when arguably we should of had more, Bmuff it’s seem they want out the league judging by the weekends VAR decisions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here