Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings Sheffield - Brighton

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
First let me start of by saying that regardless of rating and technical performance etc, every player out there today is a complete HERO. Anyone complaining about "motivation" or "effort" or that usual crap should just... **** off.

Matt Ryan 8 - generally great. Wouldnt classify to the goal as a mistake, its a great shot, but the best keepers in the world saves it.

Ezequiel Schelotto 6 - such a weird and inconsistent player. Whenever he is on the pitch he seems to everywhere and anywhere for good or bad. Gotta admire those lungs.
Adam Webster 8 - great today, good assist for the goal.
Shane Duffy 7 - no mistakes but lost his marking a few times
Lewis Dunk 8 - great
Dan Burn N/A - Didnt have a fun time but you cant really say he was beaten either

Aaron Mooy 5 - bad, but his set pieces were excellent
Yves Bissouma 6 - first 20 minutes were terrible and you just waited for the red, but gradually got betterDavy Pröpper 6 - took the fight but had a pretty poor first half, better in the second

Neal Mapuay 8 - great player, great attitude. Maupay is awesome.
Glenn Murray 5 - not really his type of game and not particularly useful but did the best he could

Nothing to say about the subs really.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
First let me start of by saying that regardless of rating and technical performance etc, every player out there today is a complete HERO. Anyone complaining about "motivation" or "effort" or that usual crap should just... **** off.

Matt Ryan 8 - generally great. Wouldnt classify to the goal as a mistake, its a great shot, but the best keepers in the world saves it.

Ezequiel Schelotto 6 - such a weird and inconsistent player. Whenever he is on the pitch he seems to everywhere and anywhere for good or bad. Gotta admire those lungs.
Adam Webster 8 - great today, good assist for the goal.
Shane Duffy 7 - no mistakes but lost his marking a few times
Lewis Dunk 8 - great
Dan Burn N/A - Didnt have a fun time but you cant really say he was beaten either

Aaron Mooy 5 - bad, but his set pieces were excellent
Yves Bissouma 6 - first 20 minutes were terrible and you just waited for the red, but gradually got betterDavy Pröpper 6 - took the fight but had a pretty poor first half, better in the second

Neal Mapuay 8 - great player, great attitude. Maupay is awesome.
Glenn Murray 5 - not really his type of game and not particularly useful but did the best he could

Nothing to say about the subs really.

A question about Murray today. Although his own game was ineffectual, did the presence of a tall CF mean that their back line couldn’t bully us and push us upfield? When the Blades dominated us at the Amex, their CB’s were relative giants, our small technicians didn’t get look in. We were shocking in the Amex first 45.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Maupay is such an underrated player. In the right team and combination of attacking players he could be awesome. So much more than just a goal getter.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
A question about Murray today. Although his own game was ineffectual, did the presence of a tall CF mean that their back line couldn’t bully us and push us upfield? When the Blades dominated us at the Amex, their CB’s were relative giants, our small technicians didn’t get look in. We were shocking in the Amex first 45.

Didn't think Murray played particularly well but as you point out, was essential to today's performance :thumbsup:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Possibly. One of those things you cant know from just watching on TV.

Maupay is such an underrated player. In the right team and combination of attacking players he could be awesome. So much more than just a goal getter.

Yeah.. we should be happy no one is really talking about him because he would be useful in any team.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
It seems for every player that plays well for us we have one that looks out of sorts.need a game when they all perform.
Great point though.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
How can BDB be N/A? It was a good battle with a marauding Baldock, thought he handled the situation well

Because I cant put numbers on his performances. He is 8 ft tall, believes he is Roberto Carlos, makes silly mistakes that he always repair. Weird stepovers that fail, Zidaneesque chip passes that succeed. He outruns pacy wingers and lose headers against dwarfs. Who or what am I going to compare him to?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Didn't see it so won't comment.

But a 10 to Potter for putting out a big physical side to combat the opposition.
Fullly expected Lamptey and/or McAllister to be involved, but did exactly what was needed.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I think I may have seen a different game to some, in someways a lucky point.
Here goes,

Ryan 7 kept us in it, not at fault for the goal
Burn 6 not very effective going forward but handled baldock
Dunk 8 mom
Duffy 6.5
Webster 5 still giving the ball away and making the wrong decision maybe deserves 6 for an assist
Propper 5 no influence in midfield
Bissouma 5 ditto
Mooy 5. Is this the same player from the start of the season or a twin?
Murray 5 no service
Maupassant 7 worked hard
Schellotto 7 our only attacking threat sums up how bad we were

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I listened on the radio player, here are my ratings ..

Ryan - 8
Schelotto - 7
Webster - 8
Duffy - 7
Dunk - 7
Burn - 7
Propper - 7
Bissouma - 8
Mooy - 8
Murray - 7
Maupay - 8

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I listened on the radio player, here are my ratings ..

Ryan - 8
Schelotto - 7
Webster - 8
Duffy - 7
Dunk - 7
Burn - 7
Propper - 7
Bissouma - 8
Mooy - 8
Murray - 7
Maupay - 8

How’s your cocky Villa pal these days?