Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings Sheffield - Brighton

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Cant understand some of high marks.Good point and good atmosphere from our supporters. We were very poor and never looked liked creating from open play. Whats happened to days of creating lots of chances. Sheffield had at least 5/6 good chances and should have won. All we did was hoof ball forward. Better when Mooy played central in 2nd half and dont know why he didnt start there.

Ryan 8 Brave when needed.
Burn 4 Was poor at full back and even more out of place as wing back.
Dunk 7 They played into our hands by playing so many balls in air. Credit to our 3 central for restricting them
Webster 7 As above
Duffy 7 As above
Shelotto 5 Fun to watch but a headless chicken
Mooy 6 Once again strangely started out wide. Better when moved inside.
Propper 4 Never looks up for a battle. So many games reaches 8/9 highs and 4 lows This time stayed on lows.
Bassouma 5 So much potential but like Propper we need to see a 90 min performance
Murray 4 Can only assume in team to defend set plays because contributes nothing up front. May as well play Trossard or Mooy just behind Maupay
Maupay 7 Always trying to lose defender. If only one of our wing backs would look up before they cross

Hopefully this selection is not a sign of things to come. Hughton style but not as good. At least then we had wide players who could break fast

UptheMOOYz

Nov 10, 2019
Cant understand some of high marks.Good point and good atmosphere from our supporters. We were very poor and never looked liked creating from open play. Whats happened to days of creating lots of chances. Sheffield had at least 5/6 good chances and should have won. All we did was hoof ball forward. Better when Mooy played central in 2nd half and dont know why he didnt start there.

Dunk 7 They played into our hands by playing so many balls in air. Credit to our 3 central for restricting them
Webster 7 As above
Duffy 7 As above
Propper 4 Never looks up for a battle. So many games reaches 8/9 highs and 4 lows This time stayed on lows.
Bassouma 5 So much potential but like Propper we need to see a 90 min performance
Murray 4 Can only assume in team to defend set plays because contributes nothing up front. May as well play Trossard or Mooy just behind Maupay
Maupay 7 Always trying to lose defender. If only one of our wing backs would look up before they cross

Hopefully this selection is not a sign of things to come. Hughton style but not as good. At least then we had wide players who could break fast
Some very harsh scores from some, considering we're playing against a team 7th in the League. We played a very defensive game, so not as attractive as we have been this season. But surely most fans would've taken a point against Sheffield before the start of play? I think most of the team played exactly how they were instructed to & did a good job. Took a great hit from them to get their goal, so I'm pretty happy with the result to be honest

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Ryan - 7.5 - Would've been higher if not for a few ridiculous wayward goal kicks.
Schelotto - 8 - So much energy, absolutely everywhere and should've had a penalty.
Dunk - 6.5 (-0.5 for the sitter missed)
Webster - 7 (+0.5 for his assist)
Duffy - 7.5 - Just what we needed for this game, no nonsense, no crosses got past him.
Burn - 6.5 - Dealt with Baldock pretty well for most of the game.
Propper - 6.5 - Pretty hit and miss
Bissouma - 8 - My MOTM, always looking to take the ball forward and make things happen.
Mooy - 5 - slowed down every attack and lost the ball a lot, certainly not at his best.
Maupay - 8 - Very good performance, I dread to think where we'd be without this man this season.
Murray - 4.5 - Not sure I remember him touching the ball, apart from one particular moment when he miscontrolled it off the pitch.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

Webster 7 As above
Duffy 7 As above

"Wide players who could breakfast" ? This sounds like a dietry issue that needed addressing. Possibly too many fry ups.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ryan - 6 - Possibly could've done better with the goal but it was hit very hard.
Schelotto - 5 - Admittedly my pet hate but he cannot defend and offers nothing other than running power. Positionally an absolute mess.
Webster - 7.5 - Best game for some time defended well and offered some decent passing going forward.
Duffy - 7.5 - Won everything in the air.
Dunk - 7.5 - Dominated and with one or two exceptions used the ball well.
Burn - 6 - Sorry not a FB or a wing back for me. A real option as a CD especially in a 3 but his slow feet were exposed time and again Sat.
Propper - 6.5 - Real struggle for half an hour but did much better 2nd half.
Bissouma - 6 - Also dominated for first 30 mins, not strong enough and I do worry he is not training on as there is clearly some real talent there.
Mooy - 5 - Off form and has been for the last month or so.
Murray - 6 - Struggled to get into the game but battled and had more influence and some better service 2nd half.
Maupay - 8 - Good strikers goal and movement very good too. Think he benefits from having a 2nd striker up with him.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Some very harsh scores from some, considering we're playing against a team 7th in the League. We played a very defensive game, so not as attractive as we have been this season. But surely most fans would've taken a point against Sheffield before the start of play? I think most of the team played exactly how they were instructed to & did a good job. Took a great hit from them to get their goal, so I'm pretty happy with the result to be honest

Yes 100% happy with result. Fact is we were poor and lucky to get a point. I dont consider we played well if our attacking threat is hoofing ball upfield and opposition had 5/6 chances they should have put away. Playing well is Arsenal and Palace away where always looked threatening and opposition had very few chances.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Yes 100% happy with result. Fact is we were poor and lucky to get a point. I dont consider we played well if our attacking threat is hoofing ball upfield and opposition had 5/6 chances they should have put away. Playing well is Arsenal and Palace away where always looked threatening and opposition had very few chances.

I would argue SU are a far better team than Arsenal and clearly Palace. They are the new Stoke in terms style and sheer work rate. Even Liverpool struggled at Bramall Lane this season.
More than happy with a hard earned point, it was the shite show we gave against them at our place which hacked me off.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Can you name the 5 or 6 chances ?! I think they had one , the mcburnie scuffed shot. Don't think goal mouth scrambles count as chances.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
So The Telegraph gives Dunk a 5 and Garth Crooks names him in his team of the week. ???

Strange.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I did really rather enjoy that game, strangely. Perhaps because it harked back to championship games, perhaps because a backs to the wall performance is kind of fun to support. The last 20 got a bit samey, unfortunately, and as I was really expecting our subs to change the shape of the game it was disappointing - maybe got a bit too used to our subs having real impacts.

Sheffield are a good side. They keep the ball very well at feet, and they don't take too many risks. They didn't try and pass through us, or take balls into challenges instead they manouevre the space well, commit players forward, pass it around when any pressure might be coming, and throw balls into the box for McBurnie (an outstanding player) to cause trouble.

What that means is that teams who actually give them respect can hold them to very few chances, like we did. I think their position in the league is as much to do with other teams not giving them as much respect as they should, not picking formations to stop Sheffield but instead thinking that if they play well they will flatten them, and then finding out after 20 minutes that doesn't work, and losing all shape and confidence. Just like we did in December.

Potter respected them. Picked a side to counter them. And got a deserved point.

Player ratings, I'm kind of happy with 6's all round except for Dunk, Duffy, Schelotto and Webster 7's. They worked very hard.

Bissouma shows so much talent. Can he have a run in this team with so much competition around him? I doubt it, Stephens, Propper, Mooy, Gross, Trossard, March, Alzate, Ali J and now Mac Allister all deserve appearances, but this is probably limiting the development of several of them. But the way Bissouma likes to drive at teams, and doesn't lose the ball while doing it, I was impressed.

Mooy seems to have struggled ever since he became the star in our midfield and got his permanent contract. Perhaps it was easier for him when he was on loan, filling a smaller role in the team - but now we seem to try and play everything through him, and he isn't as good. Not bad, but not as great. Has the pressure got to him? Or the fact he was partly at fault for both Villa and Watford's goals against us?

Nice to see Maupay back after a needed break. Hell of a player we have there.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Can you name the 5 or 6 chances ?! I think they had one , the mcburnie scuffed shot. Don't think goal mouth scrambles count as chances.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

2 in first 10mins for a start

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
2 in first 10mins for a start
Take ya word for it. There was a ridiculously difficult half volley from fleck that missed by 10 yards ... Not sure what the other was. Mcburnie had a good chance second half but can't remember too many other scares apart from half chances

We also had a couple good chances as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here