Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] PL matches 22/2 - 24/2

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Are they? I thought they'd turned it around recently. They were above Palace, and it was Palace who were on the poor run, which I'd have liked them to have continued going into our game.

Yes they are, as Bakero says, their stats are appalling. They’ve been bottom of the XG league all season and been incredibly lucky to get some of the points they have, including the 1 against us. They’ve only got 1 win in the last 9 game games in the league now too.

Palace are poor but they were never going to go down with Hodgson in charge, Newcastle are in much more danger.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Shame there isn't a stat for things VAR has missed.

Several websites show the work of ESPN who have an adjusted no-VAR table, here’s their table after match week 26:

2C5F5822-46B2-40AD-807B-D163289672E5.png

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Arsenal made it 3-2 just after the break, but so far no more goals. Into second half injury time...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Several websites show the work of ESPN who have an adjusted no-VAR table, here’s their table after match week 26:

View attachment 120423

What is the breakdown of the 7 points we’ve gained? I assume 2 points for the Connolly penalty in the Everton game? What were the others?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What is the breakdown of the 7 points we’ve gained? I assume 2 points for the Connolly penalty in the Everton game? What were the others?

Brighton & Hove Albion +7

Overturns: 11
Leading to goals for: 2
Disallowed goals for: 2
Leading to goals against: 0
Disallowed goals against: 6

Game: West Ham (H; Aug. 17)
Incident: Brighton goal for Leandro Trossard ruled out for offside by Dan Burn, who created the goal, 27th minute - AGAINST

Game: Aston Villa (A; Oct. 19)
Incident: Conor Hourihane goal ruled out for a foul by Wesley on Mat Ryan, 42nd minute - FOR

Game: Everton (H; Oct. 26)
Incident: Penalty awarded (scored by Neil Maupay) for foul on Aaron Connolly by Michael Keane, 78th minute - FOR

Game: Leicester (H; Nov. 23)
Incident: Jamie Vardy penalty retaken after James Maddison scored the rebound with encroachment, 80th minute - FOR

Game: Arsenal (A; Dec. 5)
Incident: David Luiz goal disallowed for offside, 63rd minute - FOR

Game: Sheffield United (H; Dec. 21)
Incident: John Egan goal ruled out for handball, 8th minute - FOR
Incident: Jack O'Connell goal disallowed for offside, 54th minute - FOR

Game: Tottenham (A; Dec. 26)
Incident: Harry Kane goal ruled out for offside, 24th minute - FOR

Game: Bournemouth (H; Dec. 28)
Incident: Dan Burn goal ruled out for offside, 58th minute - AGAINST

Game: Everton (A; Jan. 11)
Incident: Goal for Dominic Calvert-Lewin ruled out for handball, 75th minute - FOR

Game: West Ham (A; Feb. 1)
Incident: Goal for Glenn Murray allowed after incorrect handball, 79th minute - FOR

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/eng...e-affected-every-premier-league-club#brighton

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
With our VAR decisions good and bad, the only controversy seems to be the Connolly Everton incident. Aside from our biased viewpoint, that was widely condemned as a VAR error and the PL issued a statement acknowledging that it should not have been a pen.

Giving us two fewer points.

It’s hard to quantify the effect of other VAR errors. For example, apart from two old school NSC’ers, the football world feel Lundstram deserved a red yesterday. Who knows if we’d then have won the game.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Incident: Brighton goal for Leandro Trossard ruled out for offside by Dan Burn, who created the goal, 27th minute - AGAINST

Incident: Conor Hourihane goal ruled out for a foul by Wesley on Mat Ryan, 42nd minute - FOR

Incident: Penalty awarded (scored by Neil Maupay) for foul on Aaron Connolly by Michael Keane, 78th minute - FOR

Incident: Jamie Vardy penalty retaken after James Maddison scored the rebound with encroachment, 80th minute - FOR

Incident: Goal for Dominic Calvert-Lewin ruled out for handball, 75th minute - FOR

Incident: Goal for Glenn Murray allowed after incorrect handball, 79th minute - FOR

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/eng...e-affected-every-premier-league-club#brighton

I don't understand how that totals -7 points. Without VAR we would have got draws not wins against Arsenal & Everton and a loss not draw against West Ham. That's -5, not -7. However we would have beat West Ham at home +2. The rest of the results were not affected. We would still have lost to Villa, Leicester, Sheff Utd, Spurs, Bournemouth & Everton. So by my calculation, VAR has given us +3, not +7. What have I missed?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't understand how that totals -7 points. Without VAR we would have got draws not wins against Arsenal & Everton and a loss not draw against West Ham. That's -5, not -7. However we would have beat West Ham at home +2. The rest of the results were not affected. We would still have lost to Villa, Leicester, Sheff Utd, Spurs, Bournemouth & Everton. So by my calculation, VAR has given us +3, not +7. What have I missed?

I make it a net plus 3 too:

Connolly Everton +2
Trossard West Ham at home offside goal -2
Murray goal at West Ham not offside +1
Luis Arsenal equaliser at Emirates rightly disallowed +2

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Difficult to know what to believe here... :lol:

First half an half and at the time of my post Watford were playing good football. Not that you have the intelligence to understand that. :lolol:

Somebody else commented that they were playing well but you choose to ignore that post also. :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
First half an half and at the time of my post Watford were playing good football. Not that you have the intelligence to understand that. :lolol:

Somebody else commented that they were playing well but you choose to ignore that post also. :lolol:

Wtf? I just commented there were 2 very different opinions and you say that? Little **** :wanker: Could start a fight in an empty room you :lol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just because refs haven’t had the guts to refuse VAR advice doesn’t mean that they don’t have the right to do so.

“If the evidence provided to the VAR by the broadcast footage does not accord with what the referee believes he has seen, then the VAR can recommend an overturn.

The final decision will remain with the on-field referee.“
Yes, I know that; that's my point. In the PL the decision so far has always been made by the VAR. They've either taken it upon themselves, or the refs. have referred it . . . .. the result? The VAR has the final say.

That is 100% the reality of VAR in the PL.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Doesn't matter if we gained or lost. That isn't the point.

VAR isn't working: end of.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hopefully these are tonight's lambs to the slaughter:

[tweet]1232017350477701125[/tweet]

They are approximately 18/1 to win, tonight.

I can't help thinking the bookies think they might win.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Come on Liverpool. A demoralising 5+ nil win, plus injuries and/or suspensions for Anderson and Antonio. Thank you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here