Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] PL matches 22/2 - 24/2

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Chelsea v Spurs. A shocking mistake by match and VAR officials. Lo Celso sees red mist with a bad loser’s assault and escapes a straight red. Commentators, everyone in disbelief.

C4348C17-6B2A-4588-B305-F941EA7D1757.png

D85F8923-1C21-495E-9730-6098F512848C.png

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Before PL block this video, here’s the assault. He even looked at the target beforehand, it wasn’t one where the player could slyly claim they didn’t know where their leg was landing.

Yes, straight red. Ref (and the VAR) shouldn't officiate in the PL or any of the cups for the rest of the season.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
To me, he started to try to trap the ball, but the ball was clearly gone before his leg came down, and he doesn't appear to make any effort to pull his leg away and avoid coming down on the Chelsea player's leg.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wasn't paying much attention to Peter Walton, but it sounded like he agreed with the VAR decision. Now Stockley Park are saying they were wrong and it should have been red. They initially thought he had nowhere else to put his leg, and now saying on further review it should have been a red, and that it was human error.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Whoever supposedly reviewed that footage and still decided it wasn't a red card must have a bet on.
They should never be paid to review a game of football again.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Chelsea 2 Tottenham 1

Burnley 15:00 Bournemouth
Crystal Palace 15:00 Newcastle
Sheff Utd 15:00 Brighton
Southampton 15:00 Aston Villa
Leicester 17:30 Man City

SUNDAY 23RD FEBRUARY
Manchester United 14:00 Watford
Wolverhampton Wanderers 14:00 Norwich City
Arsenal 16:30 Everton

MONDAY 24TH FEBRUARY
Liverpool 20:00 West Ham United

So, are we looking for draws in all the other 3pm ko's

Last edited:

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Can you define your understanding of 'trap the ball' please? - just for the benefit of the English speaking world.

You bring your foot down onto the top of the ball, killing the momentum and giving you control. probably the first saying i ever learned when i went to football training. So don't come at me with this English speaking world bollocks, especially from you.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You bring your foot down onto the top of the ball, killing the momentum and giving you control. probably the first saying i ever learned when i went to football training. So don't come at me with this English speaking world bollocks, especially from you.

So you do agree that when you bring your foot down on top of the ball, if the ball isn't there the principal doesn't apply?

Just making it clear - if you spout bollocks which makes no sense (not even at Stockley Park now) don't defend your error by coming back with crap like 'especially from you' - who do you think you are?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Actually winced watching the replay of that stamp. Flipping heck!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Doesn’t matter whether he was just late or whatever. That’s the most red red card I’ve seen in a long time. Extended ban arguably also.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here