Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sheffield United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Sheffield Utd. v Albion

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: Bramall Lane
Date: Saturday 22nd February 2020
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Graham Scott
Assistants: Neil Davies, Derek Eaton
Fourth official: David Webb
VAR: Darren Bond
Assistant VAR: Simon Beck

TEAM NEWS

Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder says he has a fully-fit squad available to him.

John Lundstram will hope for a recall after coming off the bench to score the winner in their last game.

Brighton will assess Dale Stephens' thigh injury but the midfielder will probably be unavailable, according to head coach Graham Potter.

Potter must also decide whether recent arrivals Alexis Mac Allister and Tariq Lamptey are ready for their debuts.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Alistair Mann: This time last year Sheffield United were embarking on a seven-game run in which they didn't conceded [sic] a single goal - some 11 hours of football without being breached.

Their back six of Henderson, Baldock, Stevens, O'Connell, Basham and Egan have been largely ever-presents since, comfortably adapting their resilient habits to the Premier League; only Liverpool boast a better defensive record.

Brighton, by contrast, may have scored more goals than their hosts but just one clean sheet in their last 16 matches tells its own tale. If they concede again this weekend, bringing their worrying seven-game winless streak to an end will surely prove problematic.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder: "I want us to reel in the teams above us. I can't go into a team meeting later and say let's be careful of staying out of the bottom three.

"We've been realistic all along. We were favourites to go down - being a promoted team, given what we spend to what we pay - but we've gone for it and we are in this position. Let's see where it takes us and we'll deal with that, wherever it is."

Graham Potter: "Our opposition will be a tough test this weekend - they've achieved a lot and surprised people, but they have a real clarity and spirit.

"Credit to them, they'll be hard to play against."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]This will be the first time Sheffield United have hosted Brighton in a top-flight game.
    [*=left]The Seagulls' last match at Bramall Lane was a 3-1 defeat in the Championship in January 2006.
    [*=left]Brighton's only victory in the past nine league meetings was 2-1 away in January 2005 (D2, L6).
Sheffield Utd.

• [*=left]Chris Wilder's side have lost just two of 21 league games this season against sides currently outside of the top three, winning 10 of those matches.
    [*=left]Sheffield United have come from behind to claim 13 points in this season's Premier League - only Wolves, with 18, have a better record.
    [*=left]The Blades are the only Premier League team to have started every match this season with the same formation (3-5-2).
    [*=left]There have only been 30 changes made to their starting line-up in 2019-20, fewer than any other side.
    [*=left]Only Liverpool have a better defensive record than the Blades this season.
Albion

• [*=left]The Seagulls have never won a Premier League away game against a newly-promoted side, drawing two and losing four of six such matches.
    [*=left]Their only victory in 11 top-flight fixtures came against Bournemouth on 28 December (D6, L4).
    [*=left]Brighton have won two Premier League away games this season - only Norwich, with one victory on the road, have a lower tally.
    [*=left]Albion's substitutes have scored five top-flight goals this season, a record bettered only by Sheffield United, with six.
    [*=left]Their top scorer, Neal Maupay, has gone 631 minutes without a Premier League goal, and has been unsuccessful with his last 21 shots.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
People asking for a stream? They definitely won't if I leave this here!

soccerstreams100(dot)tv
soccerstreams(dot)net

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
On my way in a bit, let hope like me the team turn up today. We will need to put in a shift to get anything today. What do we think Burn, Mac Allister and Jose all possibly available today as well. .

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I’m up! Should be on the road at about 7am- full car, fun day ahead. Never been to Sheffield before- any tips for the city centre and the ground? #LOOSE

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I’m up! Should be on the road at about 7am- full car, fun day ahead. Never been to Sheffield before- any tips for the city centre and the ground? #LOOSE

Pretty central. Trams, Park Hill, meadow hall (other side of town) flat caps and whippets.

If your central lots of restaurants and bars around in old industrial buildings.

Some people staying on for 'The Murder Capital' at the leadmill in the evening, a great venue (used to do Sunday morning Jazz there) and they were a lot more organised than me when they were booking to spot that.

Most importantly, one of the oldest football grounds, just a shame the cricket ground is no longer next to it.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Pretty central. Trams, Park Hill, meadow hall (other side of town) flat caps and whippets.

If your central lots of restaurants and bars around in old industrial buildings.

Some people staying on for 'The Murder Capital' at the leadmill in the evening, a great venue (used to do Sunday morning Jazz there) and they were a lot more organised than me when they were booking to spot that.

Most importantly, one of the oldest football grounds, just a shame the cricket ground is no longer next to it.

Some pics here...https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/old-photos-for-no-reason-whatsoever.50836/

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We need Duffy to play in this game.....imo

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Looks like it’s cold up north...

0c0627ac925087a48439dbc2e09499dd.jpg

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I see everyone’s up early today!

It’s a tough game for sure. But as I keep saying most weeks at some point everything will click and we’ll finally take our chances to get a convincing win. Either that or do what Newcastle have done most the season, get an undeserved smash and grab.

Mathematically one of these scenarios has to happen for us at some point, hopefully today.

I’d love to see McAllister get a run out, hopefully from the bench.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Another snore fest beckons, with Albion testing the keeper for the first time around the 85th minute. The Boca boy will quickly be dragged down to his team mates level and be passing the ball sideways he’ll soon be nicknamed El Crab. By 5pm our reputation will be in tatters, every team around us winning having significantly refreshed after the break. The city of steel will be too cold for us, and we’ll be put to the sword. Odds of us winning or collecting a point are longer than the M1 getting there. There is no hope. Nothing to expect but defeat and humiliation. It’s over for us.

(Sssssshhhhhh....Just finished a book on reverse psychology and hoping this does the trick! Sneaky eh?! :albion2::thumbsup:)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If I were a Sheffield United fan I’d be very confident of the points today......hopefully they’ll be just as shit at winning “easy/must win” games as we are!

:lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited, bad fan not going

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here