Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Punk Rock

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Also this from the Ramones purely for the line, 'beat on the brat with a baseball bat' simple but to the point, and he energy from the two and a half minutes

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Ca Plain Pour Moi - Plastic Bertrand
Heroes - Stranglers
Pretty Vacant - Sex Pistols
Automatic Lover - Vibrators
Ever Fallen In Love - Buzzcocks

Never really sure on categorisation eg. Punk to New Wave - several Stiff artists including Costello/Dury/Wreckless Eric et al

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Punk and Reggae went hand in hand during that period with gigs containing acts from each. I went to see Dillinger in the mid 70's at the Top Rank Suite at the bottom of West Street.

You sure it wasn't the New Regent, also at the bottom of West St? Unless my memory's tricking me, that's where I saw Dillinger (in 1978, I think). The New Regent was a great venue, much smaller than the Top Rank but a nice, intimate vibe. I saw a few reggae acts there.

The Top Rank did have some reggae headliners - I saw Dennis Brown, Gregory Isaacs and Mikey Smith (just a few months before he was murdered) but there was a better atmosphere in the New Regent.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No it's not, on so many counts, although to be fair, it was one of his better records. To put the Brotherhood of Man on a punk music thread, though - or any sort of music thread for that matter - is just plain perverse.

On the other hand, this is the proper stuff .............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBE1VmThpAQ

I'm being trolled by this ****. No worries, He's making no in-roads. Probably one of Bushy's fan club. Wierdo :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Loved punk music then still think it's worth a listern now it was a shot in the arm that the music industry needed and the Pistols were the best although I was never lucky enough to see them Live but not many actually did, my current faverate although they keep protesting they are not Punk is the Idles

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Perhaps the greatest ever British punk band. U.K. SUBS, this year is the 40th Anniversary of Brand New Age, following on from the 'Another Kind of Blues' 40th Anniversary tour (Hope and Ruin gig was one of the best ever) they kick of the tour in Guildford Easter Bank holiday and end it Southampton around the May Bank Holiday, I hope to make both. Warhead perhaps one of the best live tracks ever, cannot wait.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brand_New_Age

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng8VpE1u2EY

Attachments

• BNA Tour.jpg
    BNA Tour.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 109

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

It was never a good TOTP when the best thing to have a tug to on the show was Brotherhood of Man.

ABBA roulette was a challenge, ensuring that Agnetha was on screen when you reached the vinegar strokes instead of a grinning Benny or Bjorn, both of which caused more self loathing and wangst than normal.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
It was never a good TOTP when the best thing to have a tug to on the show was Brotherhood of Man.

ABBA roulette was a challenge, ensuring that Agnetha was on screen when you reached the vinegar strokes instead of a grinning Benny or Bjorn, both of which caused more self loathing and wangst than normal.

That's totally unfair. The one on the right is absolutely gorgeous, But then i've always loved a nice moustache and sideburns combo.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I was too young for punk, but my parents music spanned Costello, blondie, blockheads, xtc and reggae, my first music was madness and 2-tone, have subsequently acquired virtually all the records quoted here, although always considered myself more of a new wave Fan than punk. Loads of great one hit wonders. We just don't get much music like that any more. Everyone's trying too hard to be cool or different, and there's not enough genuine anger/ suffering , although I suspect that's all about to,change. Punk/reggae are due a rebirth

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
It appears i may have veered slightly away from the core punk aesthetic the op was looking for for this thread so here's one form the unrivalled queen of punk released at the height of the punk phenomenom, 1981 .
Bonus in this video , apart form the great mad max aesthetic is that around the 2.15 mark someone unloads their balls on Toyah form a great height

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here