Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wilder vs Fury predictions

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
When you are the champion and you are packing out stadiums you don't have to travel, you can't criticise him for that. I am sure that Fury would have fought Wilder and Klitschko in the UK if given the chance.

Whatever you say about Ruiz, he is a class above some of the boxers Fury has struggled with recently. Unlike Fury Joshua isn't allowed to have an off day....imagine the flack that he would have got if Joshua had taken on and struggled against the likes of Schwarz and Wallin. He would have been hung out to dry even just for taking those fights.

Fury didn’t struggle against Schwarz at all he pummelled him in 3 rounds.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Hearn's top heavyweights are Whyte and Chisora, Whyte hates Hearn and Chisora has been beaten twice by Fury. Hearn no longer rules the PPV scene now and good luck to him trying to flog 70k seats to see Joshua v Pulev in the summer.

Warren saw off Barry Hearn and he could well do the same to junior Hearn now. SKY won't want all the action that people want to see on BT and they get nobodies like Warrington thinking they want to be on PPV or someone like Saunders who can't even sell out a leisure centre thinking they are PPV calibre

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Hearn's top heavyweights are Whyte and Chisora, Whyte hates Hearn and Chisora has been beaten twice by Fury. Hearn no longer rules the PPV scene now and good luck to him trying to flog 70k seats to see Joshua v Pulev in the summer.

Warren saw off Barry Hearn and he could well do the same to junior Hearn now. SKY won't want all the action that people want to see on BT and they get nobodies like Warrington thinking they want to be on PPV or someone like Saunders who can't even sell out a leisure centre thinking they are PPV calibre

Warren also has a new deal with ITV to link up with his BT coverage. I am not sure how this is going to work, presumably he is going to build the profile of youngsters. It probably spells the end for Boxnation, which has seemed a bit lame, when BT Sport were showing 90% of the content anyway.

No tears shed for the Hearns here, wideboys the pair of them.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Did you watch the AJ v Ruiz 2 fight? I can only assume you missed the entire thing if you're saying he has no lateral movement, footwork or stamina. I'd suggest watching that and coming back to us.

I am surprised you think that, I thought Wlad was in excellent shape in the AJ fight and for him to take it at only 18 fights was a massive gamble against a man who had ran the HW division for nearly a decade. By the way, that Wlad that lost to AJ beats present day Whyte and Wilder. Joshua lost in MSG, then he went to Saudi (which I hated btw) and won while providing a boxing lesson when everyone told me he was a bum of a boxer.

I am a huge fan of both Fury and AJ, and want to see the fight so badly. The dislike of AJ is still very suspect, IMO.

Do you really think Joshua showed decent footwork and lateral movement against Ruiz? The tub of lard was 19 stone+ and so out of shape that even a ‘wooden’ fighter like Joshua looked like Prince Naseem in comparison.

That was a massively overrated performance against someone who turned up for a pay cheque after spending more time lifting taco’s than weights.

Very easy to maintain energy when you control the pace of the bout. Joshua badly gassed against Klitschko and Whyte. In fairness he dug deep in both to win but he is vulnerable in a Frank Bruno & Amir Khan kind of a way.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

What a strange UK centric view of things, Hearn's stable when you add matchroom US is unbelievable. He's got 12 current world champions including pound for pounders GGG, Mikey Garcia and Alexander Usyk.

They also have 4 of the top 10 ring magazine heavyweights, Joshua, Parker, Whyte and Hunter as well as Chisora, Hergovic and Usyk.

Without a US TV deal Warren has been reduced to a minor player over the last year or so, he just can't compete.

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
I see White is saying he deserves his shot, which he probably does to be fair but if/when he fights Fury that will be a carbon copy outcome of Fury v Chisora 2, fury will box rings round him and humiliate him.
I doubt AJ actually wants to fight Fury he is in a different league to AJ

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
We have 30 plus years of animosity and history with palace, completely different than not supporting a Brit because 'you don't like the way that they are marketed', which sounds a bit pathetic to be honest!

Oddly enough I cant see where I said I hadn't supported AJ I have when he has fought foreigners. Not supporting someone is very different to not liking the marketing behind them. I apologise for causing you offence though.

If palace was a bad example maybe I should have stuck with what I had originally posted which was along the lines of it's like saying we should all support man utd in the champions league because they're british

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I see White is saying he deserves his shot, which he probably does to be fair but if/when he fights Fury that will be a carbon copy outcome of Fury v Chisora 2, fury will box rings round him and humiliate him.
I doubt AJ actually wants to fight Fury he is in a different league to AJ

With Fury’s regained aggressive approach under Kronk’s mentoring, he’ll stop Whyte. He now has everything in his armoury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here