Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wilder vs Fury predictions

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Fight ordered, can't wait.

Having read Fury's autobiography whilst I was away, victory tomorrow night in Vegas, would possibly represent one of the greatest comebacks in the history of British sport. In June 2016 Fury by his own admission was on the verge of suicide, his personal and professional comeback as told in his book is frankly nothing short of amazing.

IMHO I'm going Fury to stop Wilder Rounds 8,9 or 10.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If it goes the full distance Fury on points but Wilder is a big hitter so it may not go the distance, as with a hitter anything is possible. Interesting that Lennox Lewis thinks the winner will fight and beat AJ which ever one wins. Has Fury got the punch and power to stop Wilder, I am not sure that he has but he certainly has the boxing skill to win on points.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
The bookies are very much on the fence - 10/11 on both to win.

I'll go with the Fury chap.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The downside is it is all American officials but Fury is happy with them. Will this be the end for the loser as they would have nowhere else to go other than other contenders?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Wilder will try and open up the 42 stitches cut near Tysons eye, Tyson knows any fighter worth his salt will aim for the cut and therefore will have to either one stop him doing that for 12 rounds, which he won't be able to do or actually go for the knock out, and i think he will go for that early assault and prevail within five rounds.

But what do I know, I know jack about football, and less about boxing.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The downside is it is all American officials but Fury is happy with them. Will this be the end for the loser as they would have nowhere else to go other than other contenders?

A third fight is already agreed. If Fury Wins, Wilder will 100% want his rematch.

I predicted Fury on points in the last fight and I can see much the same, however seeing the punching power of Wilder in fights against Ortiz, Breezelle and Fury, Wilder knocking out fury is a huge possibility.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Fury wins, fight stopped, Round 5

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Having recently seen the documentary about Fury and observing how much he likes a drink in his down time and how much he likes his scram it's difficult to see how any self respecting, reasonably athletic opponent would not steamroller him in the ring. But then this is Tyson Fury we're talking about and he seems to be able to keep pulling it off. But is this one fight too many I wonder and is he going to come in having shed too much weight? If Wilder has been training properly it's difficult to see beyond him.
But.................

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Fury should be able to school him, as long as he sticks to the 'hit and not get hit' tactics. If he gets into a gun slinging exchange he's getting knocked SPARK out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wilder. Not watched any of his fights but reports say Fury has been a bit shit in his last two contests. I’m thinking he got a bit lucky last time with Wilder.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here