Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Daily Mail article

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’ve not read all the posts on this, so apologies if I missed any concerns expressed about the victims. It seems the undeniable facts are: there are many Asian grooming gangs; there are many other paedophiles of different ethnicity; the Daily Mail is not to be trusted to provide a completely unbiased opinion on this ( or any) subject.

So which other paedophiles would you regard as essential to include in an article about Asian grooming gangs?

(And yes, concern has been expressed about the ruined lives of the victims, but as you say, you haven't read all the thread so you wouldn't have seen it, would you?)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Going off a bit on a tangent.

I will say that I am becoming more and more sympathetic to the view that being racist in itself, is not wrong.

I suspect I will get a flaming for this but here goes....

If someone has racist views, surely that is ok, in so long as they don't cause any harm to anyone else for it or commit a crime based on it.

Whilst i disagree with them strongly and despise their views, I respect the right for them to believe whatever they believe.

Much of the current popularity of Alt right and other right wing views comes from the propensity of the Left to attempt to shut down their views as Wrong or illegal.
It's not a policy that has ever worked particularly well.
I totally agree. People should be allowed opinions and allowed to express them. This way through discussion and balance they can be given the other side if the argument and get called out on the misinformation that is bouncing around their echo chambers.

Rather like your reply on this thread which highlights the flaws in Beach Seagull's thinking and interpretation of information. Perhaps more if this would flesh out his understanding of why his opinion (presented as uncomfortable fact) is not the 'right' one as he suggested.

I guess the alternate view of this though is c that giving people a platform merely increases the size of the echo chamber and influences more people.

I feel that the more this is debated in the open the more it can be challenged

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
So which other paedophiles would you regard as essential to include in an article about Asian grooming gangs?

(And yes, concern has been expressed about the ruined lives of the victims, but as you say, you haven't read all the thread so you wouldn't have seen it, would you?)

I agree with what you say in your post #20 and I think the Asian grooming gangs are abhorrent. But I thought also that the link to the “police insight” article (elsewhere in this thread) served as a reminder, and gives balance, that sadly paedophilia isn’t confined to Asian grooming gangs.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I have never bought a copy of either DM or DE, their sport pages look rubbish from what I’ve seen in the Chinese takeaway. One thing that’s always puzzled me is this. Given how derided it is, lampooned and constantly, often quite viciously, criticised....how come it’s the most popular news website in the world and sells millions of paper copies still? Everyone hates it. Whose buying/supporting this shit then? It should have sunk without trace years ago given the overwhelming hostility towards. Something just doesn’t add up.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I have never bought a copy of either DM or DE, their sport pages look rubbish from what I’ve seen in the Chinese takeaway. One thing that’s always puzzled me is this. Given how derided it is, lampooned and constantly, often quite viciously, criticised....how come it’s the most popular news website in the world and sells millions of paper copies still? Everyone hates it. Whose buying/supporting this shit then? It should have sunk without trace years ago given the overwhelming hostility towards. Something just doesn’t add up.

In my view, this is the problem with current thinking, particularly from the left/centrist/ liberals.
Clearly your statement cannot be true, as your own argument confirms.
There are far, far more people who believe what they read in these papers/websites, than would ever publicly support it.

The people who do like it do not engage with political debate, because they will get derided/laughed at/abused for it.
The "uncomfortable truth" believers dare not speak out loud about their beliefs for the same reason.

This leads to entrenched positions and "shock" election/referendum results

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
A very interesting read. I hope the OP takes the time to read this piece written and researched by an expert in the field.

I wonder if she can rap

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

I don't need to I can see that pretty much every month there is yet another gang of Asian men convicted of sexually abusing young white females. You lot can quote me ya smart arse stats / arguements all you like but the undeniable truth is we have a major problem with gangs of asian men exploiting young vulnerable white females.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
So most of our efforts should presumably go into improving the conditions and situations that leave these girls vulnerable?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

It's quite simple. Lots of people are ****ing idiots.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't need to I can see that pretty much every month there is yet another gang of Asian men convicted of sexually abusing young white females. You lot can quote me ya smart arse stats / arguements all you like but the undeniable truth is we have a major problem with gangs of asian men exploiting young vulnerable white females.

Good old DM sensationalism!! Rochdale was in 2012 and since then there have been roughly 86 months so perhaps you could list all the grooming cases you are currently aware of?

Yes, one is one too many but don't overstate the problem just to satisfy any prejudices!!

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Good old DM sensationalism!! Rochdale was in 2012 and since then there have been roughly 86 months so perhaps you could list all the grooming cases you are currently aware of?

Yes, one is one too many but don't overstate the problem just to satisfy any prejudices!!

Sensationalism !! Ya having a laugh!! Google it sunshine.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sensationalism !! Ya having a laugh!! Google it sunshine.

The onus is on you to provide proof of your position, or can't you google?

Besides, two (or more) wrongs don't make a right. You're dealing in pure whataboutism because you can't defend the obvious racism in Johnson's writing. Kids getting groomed by whoever isn't right. Neither is having a PM who thinks that Muslim women are letterboxes and African children are Picanninies with water melon smiles.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
The onus is on you to provide proof of your position, or can't you google?

Besides, two (or more) wrongs don't make a right. You're dealing in pure whataboutism because you can't defend the obvious racism in Johnson's writing. Kids getting groomed by whoever isn't right. Neither is having a PM who thinks that Muslim women are letterboxes and African children are Picanninies with water melon smiles.

ttps://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/britains-worst-ever-child-grooming-

Britain's 'worst ever' child grooming scandal exposed: Hundreds of young girls raped, beaten, sold for sex and some even KILLED

SPECIAL SUNDAY MIRROR INVESTIGATION: Authorities failed to act over 40 years - despite repeated warnings to social workers - with up to 1,000 girls, some as young as 11, abused in Telford

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
ttps://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/britains-worst-ever-child-grooming-

Britain's 'worst ever' child grooming scandal exposed: Hundreds of young girls raped, beaten, sold for sex and some even KILLED

SPECIAL SUNDAY MIRROR INVESTIGATION: Authorities failed to act over 40 years - despite repeated warnings to social workers - with up to 1,000 girls, some as young as 11, abused in Telford

That link doesn't even work

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here