Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Daily Mail article

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Perhaps you could read it and then inform us if you agree or disagree with her? How can you pity anyone for agreeing with her on an article you have not read? Sounds a bit prejudged to me.

If you read a hundred, racist whining articles by the same person I think its fair to prejudge. Maybe we shouldn't. But then maybe we shouldn't prejudge anyone. If you believe I would avoid pretty much everything the Mail and Moir have every published

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Actually, if you just read that article without having whatever blinkers it is that you have on, you will see she is laying into the Asian grooming gangs who have preyed on vulnerable white girls (not "all Asians and black people" - what a ridiculous thing to say!) - and also laying into the (mostly white) police and social services who for a long time ignored the scandal for fear of being falsely labelled as racists by, well, some people - we all know who the are, but they'll never admit it - in fact they probably don't even realise it. Put it this way, they can usually be identified by one of their battle-cries: "I never read the Daily Mail" (neither do I, btw, but I don't make a mantra out of it!)

Racism is abhorrent, whether it is white on black or, as in the case of Asian grooming gangs, black on white. But black on white racism, although much less prevalent than white on black, is the elephant in the room; it must never be mentioned in polite liberal society. Which ultimately isn't doing anyone any favours.

This is the logical progression, which I have an issue with.

The Police have a long and inglorious record on their inability to consistently prosecute paedophiles and rapists.
In short, they have been pretty shit at it.

Paedophiles are extremely good at selecting vulnerable children who are likely to be unwilling/unconvincing witnesses.
Unless the police have good physical evidence to support a conviction, they would not (rightly) pursue the case.

I'm not particularly a fan of the police service in general.
I'm sure the decisions they make, about who to prosecute and why, is solely based on the likelihood of conviction and not whether they are considered racist or not.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Yes I am. We have a problem in this country with Asian men targeting young white girls. That is fact. Google it.

Or do they (like all paedophiles) target vulnerable girls. The vast majority of which would be white?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yes I am. We have a problem in this country with Asian men targeting young white girls. That is fact. Google it.

You believe 'Asian men target young white girls' and want them to target more young BAME girls :shrug:

You are a very weird person, and not in a good way.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I haven't really paid much attention to thiswhole discussion, as I dismiss it as fairly obvioulsy prejudiced hate-mongering.

although it's supporters often use terms such as "elephant in the room", "uncomfortable truth" etc.
Which is supposed to be obvious, but in fact is often only obvious to like minded people.

What is the uncomfortable truth you are referring to?
I genuinely don't know.

I skimmed the article, but what I read of it, was that the author was upset with celebrities speaking out against legal things that they feel are socially unjust and people need to adjust their opinions on, instead of speaking out more against things that are already illegal and every decent person has a moral opposition to. And that calling racist people racist is really upsetting to people who agree with the racists but don't like to think of themselves as racist.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Weird or daring to express a view that isn't the 'right' one?

No, not 'daring' in any shape or form. Just very very weird.

(The fact that you have some weird need to be considered 'daring' just confirms it :facepalm:)

*edit*

And, from reading [MENTION=21892]Uh_huh_him[/MENTION] post below add very very wrong to very very weird

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Following your advice I have googled it. Apparently much of the evidence for this claim is based on a hotly contested study which claimed 84% of grooming gang members were Asian.

The reason the study is contested is because the category they chose to investigate "on-street grooming gangs" did not have a definition prior to the report.
Therefore they were creating a demographic to seek the numbers for, rather than using validated data against existing criteria.

I checked Full fact for the answer to the question.

Interesting read. https://fullfact.org/crime/what-do-...le-involved-sexual-offences-against-children/

The 84% claimed by this study doesn't stack up with the volume of convicted paedophiles.
"Of the 6,200 or so defendants in these prosecutions, 67% were white, 4% were Asian, 3% were black, 1% were mixed race and 1% were other. For 24% of defendant’s there was no information on their ethnicity."

First time I've used Full fact though, not sure how reliable their points are, but on the surface would appear to be legit.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Following your advice I have googled it. Apparently much of the evidence for this claim is based on a hotly contested study which claimed 84% of grooming gang members were Asian.

The reason the study is contested is because the category they chose to investigate "on-street grooming gangs" did not have a definition prior to the report.
Therefore they were creating a demographic to seek the numbers for, rather than using validated data against existing criteria.

I checked Full fact for the answer to the question.

Interesting read. https://fullfact.org/crime/what-do-...le-involved-sexual-offences-against-children/

The 84% claimed by this study doesn't stack up with the volume of convicted paedophiles.
"Of the 6,200 or so defendants in these prosecutions, 67% were white, 4% were Asian, 3% were black, 1% were mixed race and 1% were other. For 24% of defendant’s there was no information on their ethnicity."

First time I've used Full fact though, not sure how reliable their points are, but on the surface would appear to be legit.

Pfffft, every case of grooming gangs they are Asian

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Never going to wave the flag in any shape or form for the Daily Mail. Equally never going to not have a pop at gangs of Asian mini-cab drivers in (invariably) shit Northern towns passing around young vulnerable (invariably) white girls like so much lumps of meat, with the police and social services (invariably) just doing nothing like it's nothing to do with them. Yes it IS you ****s, that's supposed to be your job

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The article is an absolute disgrace and only serves to divide the people in this country . And the dividing line she is drawing in the sand is between white and non white.

It shouldn't matter what colour the perpetrator or victim is. A crime is a crime no matter what.

To attack people like Stormzy for standing up to Racism she should be applaudibg him.

If her article was merely standing up for young female victims I would applaud her article too but it isn't.

She is attacking people trying to defend vulnerable people.

Who is she defending. Absolutely no one.

She couldn't care less about the victims because she skins over the fact ever so briefly that perpetrators of crimes are being convicted now. Indeed she uses the increased numbers of convictions to attack an entire race. Instead of applauding the police and social services for stating to get a better grasp of ways to combat the crime.

I have never read any of her articles before and I won't be reading any more in the future. If I had seen the name Katie Hopkins at the bottom it wouldn't have been a surprise. Perhaps she was the "shadow writer" of the article.

Sad that this is what gets peddled to our population. It's no wonder there is such a division amongst people in the UK now

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Going off a bit on a tangent.

I will say that I am becoming more and more sympathetic to the view that being racist in itself, is not wrong.

I suspect I will get a flaming for this but here goes....

If someone has racist views, surely that is ok, in so long as they don't cause any harm to anyone else for it or commit a crime based on it.

Whilst i disagree with them strongly and despise their views, I respect the right for them to believe whatever they believe.

Much of the current popularity of Alt right and other right wing views comes from the propensity of the Left to attempt to shut down their views as Wrong or illegal.
It's not a policy that has ever worked particularly well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here