Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just Park download.png Hotel download.png Italian restaurant download.png Bed

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Since it's Saturday and not Wednesday it's best not to park at Hillsborough, although it would allow for a quick getaway. On Wednesday it's easy to get a quick getaway from Bramall Lane because United never play Wednesday except for a possible cup game. The last time United played on a Wednesday they played late and only the Late Owl fans stayed till the end of the match. But when United play another bird team (seagulls) they usually play early as to expose the early worms to the blades and make fine eating for the seagulls.

Now as to Bramall Lane parking I haven't got a clue.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ok, a relatively quick getaway!

Whatever happened to the days when opposition fans came on here “in peace” to discuss these things? :shrug:

Apart from Palace fans we hardly get any opposition fans on here anymore :down:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Too scared of getting virtually beaten up, the tireless interrogation of new posters or posters with a differing opinion than the majority are hounded out before they get a chance to tell us how they like to take a dump.

#Heartbreaking

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I drive to most away games.......I find it's almost never worth trying to park close to the ground, particularly in bigger cities. Usually aim for somewhere at least 20 mins walk away (ideally in the direction of travel) and you'll most likely spend that 20 mins walking past stationary traffic. Justpark or yourparkingspace websites have never let me down with finding a cheap, safe space. Sheffield in particular is cheap as chips (I've paid £4). Their own fans forum has a matchday parking thread - wont help a lot as there are a lot of 'ITK' posts about backstreets without naming them - the only useful info I took from a quick scan was that the 'recommended' car parks (NCP nearby etc) take forever to exit after the game.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I parked in a street about 500 metres from the ground, I'd take a look on JustPark?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just park seems a rip off to me or maybe it’s just because I’ve only looked in London.

Yes - can be a bit expensive for London games, but anywhere else it's usually pretty good. Typically under a tenner including Liverpool/Everton, Man U etc. Found one for under £20 for Spurs on Boxing Day 15 mins walk from WHL. Wouldn't describe it as a rip-off though - still usually around the same or less than an equivalent car park (have you seen NCP prices ??) and likely to be safer and much quicker to get away from.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Just park seems a rip off to me or maybe it’s just because I’ve only looked in London.

To be honest I book well in advance and always pick something close to traffic lights or major roads where I can get back to the main motorways without going against the flow etc. Not really looked at pricing but normally pay around £15-18 against parking in a crammed school or something similar for £10.

Had great spots for Leicester, Villa, United, Spuds and Stains

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
before they get a chance to tell us how they like to take a dump.

Which reminds me of a good thread question.

Do you ever stand to give a dump?

Why do people in general say "take a dump." You are obviously taking nothing when you eliminate excrement.

Now we're really talking shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here