Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Classic John Peel Sessions

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
1st May 1983.

John Peel's first thoughts:

"Those are The Smiths, and they've had one or two rather extravagant write-ups in the musical papers, and the people at Rough Trade see them as being the next big thing as well. Perfectly adequate, that, as a debut single, I think it's called Hand In Glove, but on the evidence of that, I can't see them as being that startling, there are better things around, assuredly."

17 days later, they recorded this.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Some fantastic stuff on here but I draw the line at Van Der Graaf Generator [emoji4]

Can’t post this on Tapatalk but my favourite has to be an Inspiral Carpets session in the late 80s.

Clint Boon on Keep the Circle Round just blew me away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Another group mocked at the time (by the NME, apparently, I had long since given up reading that). I stuck this on in my mate's car, a mate who had heard everything. And we just sat their parked up, mesmorized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff6DjQBbduY

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Icy Gull and HWT confirm JP named the fantastic Teenage Kicks as his favourite ever single - his favourite album is from a different genre altogether to other songs on this thread. I’m pretty sure it was Not The Tremblin’ Kind by the wonderful Laura Cantrell who did several sessions for him in the early 2000s. I could be wrong of course but he definitely said it was. I’m often wrong mind - I’m going toSheffield on Saturday full of hope and expectation!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here