Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will Goal Difference Be The Key?

el punal

Looking at the PL table tonight, now that Man City helped us by beating West Ham, it’s incredibly tight at the lower end. Just seven points separating Southampton (on 31) in 12th place to Watford (24) in 19th.
Obviously I’m hoping that we can achieve the necessary results to save us from the drop, but the one thing in our favour is our goal difference (-7) compared to minus double digits of those around us.

It could just be our get out of jail card at the end of the season. Squeaky bum time awaits us. :ohmy:

Jimmy Grimble

If it were possible, I think I’d have money on the final relegation spot being decided by goal difference.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Whoknows

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought our defence was shit this year, so why have we got the best goal difference of the bottom clubs (been reading this on NSC all season, so it must be right). Hang on, I think I know, it’s because we have such a prolific strike force isn’t it? :wink:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Could be .....

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
As long as it takes those in the relegation zone 2 games to overtake us, we will be fine. If that rule gets broken = squeaky bum time.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Unlikely, how often does GD determine the PL cut off between 17th and 18th?

The Albion need to start winning again, multiples of three points will determine our fate.

Only two out of the 91 teams are yet to register a win in 2020.

Feb 29th will surely be a draw.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I thought our defence was shit this year, so why have we got the best goal difference of the bottom clubs (been reading this on NSC all season, so it must be right). Hang on, I think I know, it’s because we have such a prolific strike force isn’t it? :wink:

I think there are times that we take him for granted. He does have games where he makes some brilliant saves although sometimes the backs don't allow him to be brilliant but I really think the goal difference is due to him.

p06wmdcm.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Only two out of the 91 teams are yet to register a win in 2020.

Feb 29th will surely be a draw.

Should we get 0 or 1 points from the next two, I think we’re likely to drop.

Even the ever optimists here say we need 3 wins, so where would they come from in an ever shortening fixtures list?

On the other hand, 4 or 6 points from the next 2 would be a huge boost.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

You joke, but we have scored more goals than 8 other PL teams so far this season - that's solid mid-table.

Newcastle, who've scored 7 fewer goals than us, and conceded 10 more, should consider themselves very lucky to be 4 points and 2 places ahead of us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here