Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex expansion.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'll stand to be corrected, but I can't see any way they're going to be able to cram another 2,000 seats in. Whenever this subject gets raised, MP/PB have been pretty clear that we might be able to shoe-horn in an extra few hundred around the corners, but 2,000 ?

I think old Percy who does the minutes might have been at the Thatchers and added an extra zero. If there's even an application at all.

In the east upper my son's seat is 544, the one next to him is 538. Presumably they could shuffle them all a bit closer together and get an extra 5 per row. That's 125 per full block x 4 blocks = 500 seats. Thats without the end blocks, say 100 each end.
In the west they must be able to do the same but as it's bigger, perhaps 800 ?
The north/south 250 each.
There's your 2000.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
In the east upper my son's seat is 544, the one next to him is 538. Presumably they could shuffle them all a bit closer together and get an extra 5 per row. That's 125 per full block x 4 blocks = 500 seats. Thats without the end blocks, say 100 each end.
There's your 2000.
There is a legal 'maximum number of seats allowed' limit from each seat to the nearest aisle which needs to be complied with, and each aisle has to have an exit.... so it may not be that straightforward to increase the number of seats between aisles.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There is a legal 'maximum number of seats allowed' limit from each seat to the nearest aisle which needs to be complied with, and each aisle has to have an exit.... so it may not be that straightforward to increase the number of seats between aisles.

A friend mentioned this, and as a consequence it will be impossible to add further seats where we sit..l.thankfully.

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill

I read somewhere, when this was suggested a few years back, that you can’t have more than 14 seats from the aisle I think.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
This may, or may not, help...

Amex Seating Plan v2.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It’s all ifs , but imagine if we did a ‘Sheffield United’ ... we would easily shift a few thousand more. We sell out most games when playing shite.

We could also do a "Huddersfield" if things don't go our way in the last dozen games, at which point the waiting list will plummet.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's your 2000.

Even if that were possible (which I doubt), sacrificing our current comforts and being at the mercy of getting wedged in by the invading podge from some sweating wheezy pie-guzzling lardarse would certainly NOT get my endorsement.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Even if that were possible (which I doubt), sacrificing our current comforts and being at the mercy of getting wedged in by the invading podge from some sweating wheezy pie-guzzling lardarse would certainly NOT get my endorsement.

Just as well you're not a Tottenham fan then, they must all be Slim Jim's at the new ground as the seats are rather compact!

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
From my seat in East Upper I notice that away teams regularly do not fill their side of the Directors box. Is there a requirement to give clubs a certain number or could they nick say two per row and expand hospitality?
Secondly the Reporters desks seem generously spaced. These could be squashed up a bit.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
With the death of the high street, all the shops at the (spits) Goldstone Retail Park will soon close down and we can build a compact 16,000 all-seater on the site, incorporating one sloping/triangular stand as last seen at The Dell for the East Stand and throw in some rail seating for the North. Goldstone II. Result.

I have my outline plans for Goldstone II as well . . . . 40 000 capacity, 10 000 standing in the North stand . . . . . . . short walk from Hove stn too don't you know.Goldstone II.JPG

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
There you go then. Move the offices, storeroom and plant behind the north. Sorted.

What does the wide entrance in the northwest corner actually serve? Could this be filled in?

Exactly, those offices were built before we got permission for, and built, the lancing training ground. Get rid, build the stand all the way up to the roof, sloping downwards towards from west to east with the roof.

If you zoom into the stadium on google earth, it actually shows what that might look like:

Annotation 2020-02-20 131352.png

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
For Ambulances, this is mandatory.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Surely that is what the the gap in the north east corner is for as it goes outside? The opening in north west if driven back to the back would be underground because of the steps?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Except that we have about 8K on the ST waiting list.

I always feared (and said so at the time) that if we ever got to the PL then the original stadium capacity would be way too small.

How many of the 8K on the waiting list will vanish overnight following relegation remains to be seen of course.

ETA And we need to remember that the figure the club reports as "attendance" isn't at all. It is tickets sold. I have tried to explain to Barber what "attendance" means but the penny hasn't dropped :lol:

Not many ? Our ST numbers now are stable and about the same as they were in the Championship (at least the final couple of seasons) and if we went down most on the WL would I bet still be expecting us to go back up within a season or two so would take up their ST option regardless of the division. We virtually sell out every home league game - only reason we wouldn’t perhaps do so in the Championship would be down to teams like Reading bringing 180 on a wet Tuesday night.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9249613 said:
It's probably required to have 2 entrances, in case one is blocked in an emergency for whatever reason

But i don't think it goes through to the outside.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks

Hard to tell but from the image above 'Plan 7' it looks like getting rid of the kiosk and toilets at the back of the NW corner. The kiosk is no great loss as its always under staffed and under stocked already, but getting rid of the toilets wouldn't be good

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Hard to tell but from the image above 'Plan 7' it looks like getting rid of the kiosk and toilets at the back of the NW corner. The kiosk is no great loss as its always under staffed and under stocked already, but getting rid of the toilets wouldn't be good

Those plans refer to the expansion of the Amex in 2012, Plan 7 refers to the school shelf.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Exactly, those offices were built before we got permission for, and built, the lancing training ground. Get rid, build the stand all the way up to the roof, sloping downwards towards from west to east with the roof.

If you zoom into the stadium on google earth, it actually shows what that might look like:

View attachment 120325

Yes please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here