Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex expansion.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Any noticeable upgrades around the stadium last night? Did any of you notice the newly installed seats?

Yes. The seats seemed a lot closer together. I made a point of checking this out. Obviously it was very difficult for people to judge as they normally sat 3 seats away from others.

We should prepare for the moaners at the pre-season friendly to put the boot in about the reduction in personal space.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Yes. The seats seemed a lot closer together. I made a point of checking this out. Obviously it was very difficult for people to judge as they normally sat 3 seats away from others.

We should prepare for the moaners at the pre-season friendly to put the boot in about the reduction in personal space.

We noticed that in WSU.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Didn't notice it myself in ESU but then I'm not a fattie and had loads of empty seats around me.

This was the gap between the seat hinges. It is now about a centimetre.

34ca081a91943ccf4667aa1a8f2fe97d.jpg

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Is the scaffolding up at the North Stand end yet. (Or has it been shelved for now?)

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

Wont effect us hardcore in the NS.

We stand when we want,
we stand when we want,
We are the North Stand,
We stand when we want.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Thought the north stand improvements were more of a long term plan, or is that happening this summer?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In UK stadia, the maximum number of seats in a row in a block is almost always 28, 14 at the end of a stand. The Amex design was already optimised at the 28.

Instead, I wondered if the seat filling in carried out over the last year has utilised all the unnecessarily empty sections of stands eg at the ends of WSU and ESU, the very top of WSU centre where there were empty concrete seating decks and perhaps some shuffling together in the 4 lower deck corners?

F8F51813-BBD7-44BA-A022-78332895C0E7.png

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
In UK stadia, the maximum number of seats in a row in a block is almost always 28, 14 at the end of a stand. The Amex design was already optimised at the 28.

Instead, I wondered if the seat filling in carried out over the last year has utilised all the unnecessarily empty sections of stands eg at the ends of WSU and ESU, the very top of WSU centre where there were empty concrete seating decks and perhaps some shuffling together in the 4 lower deck corners?

View attachment 137078

I have just counted the seats in my row on the ticket website and there are 30 seats. At an extra two per row per block in WSU that’s quite a few extra seats.

15 at the end too (bottom rows).

d4e4cf4ddc4ca24892aa8508ac6460c7.png

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I have just counted the seats in my row on the ticket website and there are 30 seats. At an extra two per row per block in WSU that’s quite a few extra seats.

Yeah and I know a few whose seat numbers have changed too

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

15 at the end too (bottom rows).

Just checked my row on the ticket site and it's still 28 seats. I'm in East lower (no I always stay to the final whistle).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
28 in our block and no change to seat numbers. Must have realised the block is mostly full of chubsters and left it alone ����

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here