Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex expansion.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

el punal

I feel it today. I really feel it. :ffsparr: Normally that only happens when I make a reference like that at work and get blank looks from 30 somethings. I made passing reference to Humphreys, Ian Rush and Accrington Stanley once in relation to milk and got thousand mile stares from a whole office.

A friend of mine commented at work about the “comb over”, also getting blank looks from those around.

For the younger viewers in our audience please refer to Bobby Charlton, Ralph Coates and many others in the 1970s. Probably the best example would be John Dempsey of Chelsea. If someone could be arsed to put up an image that would be good, thank you. :drink:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
A friend of mine commented at work about the “comb over”, also getting blank looks from those around.

For the younger viewers in our audience please refer to Bobby Charlton, Ralph Coates and many others in the 1970s. Probably the best example would be John Dempsey of Chelsea. If someone could be arsed to put up an image that would be good, thank you. :drink:
Happy to oblige. :thumbsup:

Looking good Bobby

bobby.jpg

The danger of not enough Brylcream!

hair.jpg

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Looks like we might have to wait until next season for this to become a reality now (if capacity will ever allowed to be reached again).

So, I was on Goggle Earth and came across a stand which I think will most resemble what the upgraded North Stand may look like (except the width).

Anyone want to guess which ground it’s from?
21ED6318-6588-472B-9CF3-8E58D38CD2FC.jpeg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I feel it today. I really feel it. :ffsparr: Normally that only happens when I make a reference like that at work and get blank looks from 30 somethings. I made passing reference to Humphreys, Ian Rush and Accrington Stanley once in relation to milk and got thousand mile stares from a whole office.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Expanding the stadium now is of paramount iportance IMO . . . . Get as many in as possible whilst SD is in place, keep it going . . . . Then we're closing in on a 40k capacity when everything sorts itself out and we have to host Steau Bucharest in the Europa league, 2022.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Any update on this?

There has been a lot of to and fro between the club and council regarding transport, and this is presumably the only reason the application has yet to be considered by the planning committee.

In summary:

9 March: The club provided a transport assessment with the original application.
10 June: Council's transport dept responded saying they had some concerns and needed more data.
11 August: Club provided supplementary transport document.
6 November: Council responded again (at considerable length) saying the club had not answered all their questions, and again requested a lot more data.

So we can expect at least one more round of response from the club and counter-response from the council before it goes before the planning committee.

From the gist of the council's latest response I think they will want more conditions added relating to, amongst other things:

- More and better cycling facilities.
- A strategy in place from the club to boost cycling levels to at least 1%.
- Stewarding of Wild Park to stop matchday parking.

A potential problem could be that the data the council want to see hasn't been collected in the past, so it will be impossible to give them what they want until we are back to full capacity.

The council also suggest students should be able to queue jump at Falmer post match:

" we imagine it may be possible to make changes via the TMP to how queues are managed at Falmer Rail station so as to give enhanced priority to those students wishing to travel to town immediately after matches. This would help mitigate
any further delays that they may be subjected to."

I am not sure how this would be achieved in reality, and I am not understanding why they should be able to in any case, particularly as their own report points out, " We also note that students boarding buses into the City when matches are ending are likely to prefer to do so from within the University grounds, which will provide them with some boarding priority ahead of fans"

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If it were the university it would sail through

Is true.

From the 90's onwards I saw both universities expand over downland and the Sussex University valley with new buildings on greenfield sites. Both Falmer sites now have far more buildings, people and cars than they did 30 years ago. Without barely an Argus headline, protest or interference from nimbie councillors.

Whilst the Albion always have an uphill battle, having to spend countless £m's on consultants.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
So, I decided to do a mock up of what the extra tier might look like by looking at the designs we’ve seen from the council planning application. I know it’s not perfect, the stand itself and the tier should probably be a bit steeper, but I did it without any measurements and I used some artistic license with some stuff.

The roof is at a 90 degree angle because you can’t angle things on the app I used.
F136C957-4B33-45D2-A90B-3507A11A68D8.jpeg
943A9099-D2DC-43CF-AD42-766CD1E410D0.jpeg
68D8430A-D428-4462-923D-4640CF971DC2.jpeg
D519BD31-C661-4DE4-A223-14A114EE1E02.jpeg
20F814A6-D09A-40BB-8A04-F42E76F185A0.jpeg

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
So, I decided to do a mock up of what the extra tier might look like by looking at the designs we’ve seen from the council planning application. I know it’s not perfect, the stand itself and the tier should probably be a bit steeper, but I did it without any measurements and I used some artistic license with some stuff.

The roof is at a 90 degree angle because you can’t angle things on the app I used.
View attachment 131006
View attachment 131007
View attachment 131008
View attachment 131009
View attachment 131010

Excellent work, I’m hoping my seat will just about be under the new tier.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

View attachment 131006
View attachment 131007
View attachment 131008
View attachment 131009
View attachment 131010

I certainly think the club missed a trick not installing Eames Aluminium Group chairs throughout. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here