Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex expansion.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Any news on the Falmer village (parish?) Meeting that was due to discuss our planning application for an additional 2000 seats? We had come to the conclusion that the application was for an additional 200 seats not 2000 but we can hope. :smile:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
With the death of the high street, all the shops at the (spits) Goldstone Retail Park will soon close down and we can build a compact 16,000 all-seater on the site, incorporating one sloping/triangular stand as last seen at The Dell for the East Stand and throw in some rail seating for the North. Goldstone II. Result.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
With the death of the high street, all the shops at the (spits) Goldstone Retail Park will soon close down and we can build a compact 16,000 all-seater on the site, incorporating one sloping/triangular stand as last seen at The Dell for the East Stand and throw in some rail seating for the North. Goldstone II. Result.

Get those fights back in the park again..... magic days.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
The minutes from the Falmer Parish Council meeting in November 2019 include below as "stadium issues"

- large out door tv screen, shop with toilets and food kiosk all where old bandstand was
- two new executive boxes and increase in capacity to 32,750

Above to be included in a planning application by BHA "sometime in the new year"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Until we redelevop the North to make it look like an end, rather than an afterthought, I will always feel a tiny bit sad. :down::cry:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The minutes from the Falmer Parish Council meeting in November 2019 include below as "stadium issues"

- large out door tv screen, shop with toilets and food kiosk all where old bandstand was

Above to be included in a planning application by BHA "sometime in the new year"

What is the capacity currently at?

Anyone know where these extra seats are going?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

I live in a village and the parish council are a bunch of nosey, busybodies who get some kind of power kick at voting on new park benches etc. They have zero actual power over planning applications they can merely make objections to the county council who have the actual power.

Toilets outside the ground would be a big improvement to pre-match.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Good.

TB did a lot of good things but he clearly underestimated our maximum capacity by around 3k at a time when many on this site would have told you 22k is 7k too many.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

Actually, with all those warehouses/stores coming off Sackville set to close at some point soon, there is actually room for The Amex there :D

A567855A-0771-4817-A2EE-DABF1D48597A.jpeg

91202CD0-0963-4834-94E8-245FD1885B22.jpeg

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
What is the capacity currently at?

Anyone know where these extra seats are going?

I assume some of the extra seats will be at the north end of the East Upper, above the pitch access in the corner. They could extend the seating deck as has been done with that section known as the Shelf on the west side. It might mean moving the disabled area slightly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Any news on the Falmer village (parish?) Meeting that was due to discuss our planning application for an additional 2000 seats? We had come to the conclusion that the application was for an additional 200 seats not 2000 but we can hope. :smile:

I'll stand to be corrected, but I can't see any way they're going to be able to cram another 2,000 seats in. Whenever this subject gets raised, MP/PB have been pretty clear that we might be able to shoe-horn in an extra few hundred around the corners, but 2,000 ?

I think old Percy who does the minutes might have been at the Thatchers and added an extra zero. If there's even an application at all.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good.

TB did a lot of good things but he clearly underestimated our maximum capacity by around 3k at a time when many on this site would have told you 22k is 7k too many.

I reckon it's about right. We only come close to selling out against the Big Six - I think there were even some seats left for the Palace match last year. A look around the stadium at any home game will reveal the number of empty seats. I think TB got it spot on

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I reckon it's about right. We only come close to selling out against the Big Six - I think there were even some seats left for the Palace match last year. A look around the stadium at any home game will reveal the number of empty seats. I think TB got it spot on

We sell out nearly home game and have done since being in the PL. The ones we don’t are the ones when it’s on tv and the away fans haven’t got a full allocation.

It can’t be hard to notice when the club activate the ticket exchange (which means the game is effectively sold out). We don’t always sell these out, but the vast majority are seats on their own.

We have a few thousand on the season ticket waiting list, so a couple of thousand extra seats would be easily snapped up.

How many times do we have to keep telling people this?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I'll stand to be corrected, but I can't see any way they're going to be able to cram another 2,000 seats in. Whenever this subject gets raised, MP/PB have been pretty clear that we might be able to shoe-horn in an extra few hundred around the corners, but 2,000 ?

I think old Percy who does the minutes might have been at the Thatchers and added an extra zero. If there's even an application at all.

When they talk about the subject, they have said they wouldn’t add 10,000. I took this to mean that they could add a couple of thousand. It’s pretty clear they want more seats as Barber said himself that he’s always asking Perry.

I always thought there was room for seats above S2H, S2I, N2A and N2B. Maybe about 600.

Could be room for about 3-400 seats in the North East corner, which seems like a good place for a box or two. If the boxes don’t go there, then maybe in the old TV box in the North could have one.

No idea where the other thousand could be added unless they can remove the back wall of the North, which doesn’t seem likely.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What we need is far more corporate boxes perhaps above the seats in the N stand taking them along from the police box...we don’t need anymore seats for the common muck, we need more corporate people to give us more money.

Money money money

MFIS

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I can't see how 2000 extra seats can be added without altering the north stand, so perhaps the most likely explanation is Falmer Parish Council getting the wrong end of the stick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here