Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have never suggested that we would or could sign him just that we can dream about such signings as he is far better than any midfielder that we have, although we have yet to see Macallister play for us. To sign such a player would mean us moving up to the next level.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Sorry and this isn't a dig at you BG, but why do people start threads on people we are not going to sign?

Shall I start one on Messi, as we're not going to sign him, either?

I actually drafted a thread along those lines, using Messi as the example. I guess the difference is that Lallana will be out of contract, while Messi (or any of the other examples, I thought of) isn't. So it seems a bit OTT.

But I totally get your point – the whole concept behind the thread is a bit pointless. At least with a RUMOUR, there has been some mention of it, regardless of how tenuous it is...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Perhaps from the next time he does it, and there will be many many more next times, we can just flag it up as a Lallana thread, then carry on with our day.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We'll find out if a joins a Brighton or Norwich.

He will do better than that.
Man united or Everton not impossible if club rivalries can be laid to one side.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he went abroad . Seems to be the thing to do nowadays.
FWIW I do think propper can look outstanding for us but often gets dragged down to our level, and at other times doesn’t do himself justice.
Ive seen him boss it in the Dutch national team.
He’d look good at Liverpool, not that that will happen.
Although TBF, you or I would look good in that Liverpool team. Case in point , Daniel sturridge.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He will do better than that.
Man united or Everton not impossible if club rivalries can be laid to one side.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he went abroad . Seems to be the thing to do nowadays.
FWIW I do think propper can look outstanding for us but often gets dragged down to our level, and at other times doesn’t do himself justice.
Ive seen him boss it in the Dutch national team.
He’d look good at Liverpool, not that that will happen.
Although TBF, you or I would look good in that Liverpool team. Case in point , Daniel sturridge.

It will be interesting to see if a stack of CL clubs are willing to spend big on Propper this summer.

If we as laymen can see his brilliance, being held back by his inferior team-mates, then scouts/analysts at Europe’s biggest clubs can see it.

Valuation .... £35m?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It will be interesting to see if a stack of CL clubs are willing to spend big on Propper this summer.

If we as laymen can see his brilliance, being held back by his inferior team-mates, then scouts/analysts at Europe’s biggest clubs can see it.

Valuation .... £35m?

Some on here will think you’re being serious with that valuation.
I do think Propper would thrive at a bigger club where others would be out of their depth. On a good day, He has vision, reads the game pretty well and has good technique.
He would be one of the ones I wouldn’t expect to see in the championship with us.
He’d be a good signing for someone at around £12m

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Valuation .... £35m?

Interesting one because if Propper is so good why can't he lift the team in the same way Grealish or Zaha do for their respective teams. It's all about drive/passion and I am not convinced he has that and that's why I don't think he is as good as some say. He can't finish either.... that said I want him to be the game winner now and I can eat humble pie.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Some on here will think you’re being serious with that valuation.
I do think Propper would thrive at a bigger club where others would be out of their depth. On a good day, He has vision, reads the game pretty well and has good technique.
He would be one of the ones I wouldn’t expect to see in the championship with us.
He’d be a good signing for someone at around £12m

With Grealish often valued at £77m, Maddison £75m, Sancho £75m, Pogba £150m, Maguire £80m, perhaps £35m in this market isn’t so far fetched for a Dutch international.

I agree, Propper won’t stay with us if we drop.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Interesting one because if Propper is so good why can't he lift the team in the same way Grealish or Zaha do for their respective teams. It's all about drive/passion and I am not convinced he has that and that's why I don't think he is as good as some say. He can't finish either.... that said I want him to be the game winner now and I can eat humble pie.

Because Grealish and Maddison are far better players, they’re consistently producing goals and assists and have pace, compared to Propper. Zaha is a gifted winger who has outstanding games and off days.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
We are now red hot favourites to sign Lallana according to SkyBet who are usually a sensible betting source for possibilities rather than media hype . 1-4 on ! That is a big sign I feel that a deal could be announced in the next week . If it isn’t I suspect the odds will drastically reduce and he will go elsewhere. Just my feeling .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's way too tall. We should be going for Shaqiri.

Coud do worse than Shaquiri, IMHO.

I'm thinking that our one or two incoming this season might just be experienced PL players on the fringe of their teams (if wages ca be sorted out - which is of course a biggy; do they want to sit on the bench and get even richer, or do they want regular first team football?)

Lallana, Shaquiri, Giraud, Origi, Barclay. One of those (or, dreamland, two) plus youngsters coming through might be a way forward.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hopefully we are not after him. Massive backwards step. Can't believe people want this washed up player 1 goal in 3 years :ffsparr::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here