Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Scathing review of Brighton

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Frankly, right now - I think that without even reading it, they're probably right. There's rubbish everywhere, the roads are more pothole than surface at the moment and you can't move in any direction without being stopped by roadworks. The seafront is currently a mess and pretty much the whole city could do with a lick of paint.

Our standards have dropped massively and the Council really need to have a word with themselves.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Argus website is impossible to navigate. Endless popups and videos bombard you from the second you click on it.

I'm out.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Two things, wouldn’t happen in Germany, And are we certain she hasn’t confused Brighton with Newhaven?

Having lived in both towns for a number of years I'm pretty sure there's far more crime in Brighton. Newhaven may be dull and deprived, but crime-ridden it is not.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Frankly, right now - I think that without even reading it, they're probably right. There's rubbish everywhere, the roads are more pothole than surface at the moment and you can't move in any direction without being stopped by roadworks. The seafront is currently a mess and pretty much the whole city could do with a lick of paint.

Our standards have dropped massively and the Council really need to have a word with themselves.
You forgot to mention all the shite daubed on the walls.
Walking around the homeless tents on the pavement, while we carry our £5 coffee.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011

Apart from the "seafront" bit, you could be describing any town in England.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Brighton is a shithole and quite frankly an embarrassment to the good county of Sussex

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I mean Brighton isn't in the greatest state but this is clearly bull. I guess the Argus have got to make ad sales somehow and this will surely get the clicks.

Brighton compared to a lot of the UK is a very safe place to live.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
All this being said, I believe that in 5 years time we'll be a thriving metropolis again. The major roadworks will be finished, the A259 along the coast will be refurbished and flowing like a dream. The traffic through the city on the redesigned section of A23 between the Pier and St Peters' Church will be nicely separated from the newly created central Brighton parkland. The students will mostly have moved either to the newbuilds along Lewes Road or into the beautifully redeveloped Church Street complex and the old Amex building site on Edward Street will be completed as well. The roads will have been relaid so cycling along will be far easier without the pinch points every few minutes and the odd foot deep pothole to navigate around. The buses thumping through the City will be electric hybrids and the monorail will be nearing completion, ready for its grand opening 2026!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
All this being said, I believe that in 5 years time we'll be a thriving metropolis again. The major roadworks will be finished, the A259 along the coast will be refurbished and flowing like a dream. The traffic through the city on the redesigned section of A23 between the Pier and St Peters' Church will be nicely separated from the newly created central Brighton parkland. The students will mostly have moved either to the newbuilds along Lewes Road or into the beautifully redeveloped Church Street complex and the old Amex building site on Edward Street will be completed as well. The roads will have been relaid so cycling along will be far easier without the pinch points every few minutes and the odd foot deep pothole to navigate around. The buses thumping through the City will be electric hybrids and the monorail will be nearing completion, ready for its grand opening 2026!

I’ll have whatever you’re smoking blud!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
As a nipper 50 odd years ago Brighton was just a wonderful place to live, as time marched by and the developers got a grip with the town and the woods up at the racehill.

the place has dwindled in my where I'd like to live list, it's no better than many northern seaside towns in fact worse in many aspects, now mums passed my only love for Brighton is the football team and long gone memories.

Still miss the Uncle Sam's though, bloody lovely.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
From the article...

I do know a major international manufacturing company based in Munich decided not to invest in Brighton after they researched crime and safety for their staff.

Its a good excuse I guess...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Not quite as cutting as the "filthy drug den" etc from years ago but still quite a read. I wonder if their hotel was on West Street?

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/182...qPuqbYKb67nqJhtDdPecio4OmTt52_FxZ5LC0FPH_tvOU

Edit - for the record I can't envisage these events happened as stated.

I fill up at said BP every week, 1, yes there is the occasional Police Car there but 7 ffs, that would leave probably 5 spaces left for customers, 2, there isn’t a Cafe in there, stupid Kraut.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here