[News] The smell of ...

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Liverpool city centre stinks of skunk.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Cocaine. It doesn't smell of much so you have to sniff really hard.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I sometimes used to pop into La Cave a Fromage on Western Road just to savour the aromas. I never once bought anything I just used to linger a few minutes to get my nasal fix before leaving. It was perhaps that their "customer" base comprised mainly of people like me that they ended up closing down.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Chocolate shops are also nice to pop into. Choccywoccydoodah was another heavily scented shop that closed down.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Awful smell - My next door neighbour's cooking. Truly horrendous stench, akin to rotting animals/garlic, and have to close all our windows as soon as we smell any odour at all otherwise the whole of our house reeks of it for hours on end. How I wish they'd bugger off elsewhere. Summers, in particular, are a complete nightmare. Often have to keep our windows shut most of the day/night.

Lovely smell - Dry roasted peanuts.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
But the best is walking past a coffee shop, not one that makes and sells coffee, one that sells ground coffee that it grounds in the shop. I'm not sure these even exist anymore but back in the day there was one near Eastbourne railway station. I visited Ram records once a week as a teenager getting the train across to Eastbourne and there was a coffee shop you walked past to get to the record shop, the smell was glorious.

Definitely do - Atkinson's in Lancaster and John Watt in Carlisle both do just what you say. We go there to get our loose tea.

But for me the best smell is freshly cut wood mingling with chainsaw oil. Fabulous.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Wood smoke

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Petrol
Fresh Basil
limes
the smell you get when filling a hot water bottle
Comfort fabric conditioner
Cool Water aftershave
Boot dubbin
Soil (earth)
Sawdust
Crabtree & Evelyn Frosted Spicewood hand cream (My favourite smell in the world)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here