Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Central Heating question

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
And what are the chances of getting a job in the morning and a similar one that pays the same in the afternoon? It doesn't work that way I'm afraid.

I've done radiator jobs similar to the one [MENTION=3738]GOM[/MENTION] has mentioned, I've had to move furniture and all sorts of other stuff, struggled to find where water shuts off etc, and then had a heating system that has an air lock when filling up.

Point is I've priced jobs to ' just move a radiator ' and spent at least 2 hours doing free work sorting out other stuff mentioned above.

What I should do is say , I will give an hourly rate and see how the job goes :smile:
But we give a price to allow for all the other shite that goes with the job, we can't just go home at 5pm if someone's heating or hot water isn't working.

I agree. Also the job in the same place.

This week I drove from Southwick to Lewes Rd in Brighton to collect a set of keys, then down to the house near the marina, only to be able not to do the job because the customer screwed up, back to Lewes Rd to drop off the keys and then to Portland Rd for the next job. Took 1hr 50 mins to do that trip for no pay.

Then don't get paid for looking at jobs to do quotes or buying supplies etc...

BTW, traffic in the centre of Brighton is just insanely bad with the roadworks and new system around the Old Steine, roadworks at the bottom of New England St /London Rd, Dyke Rd/ upper Dyke Rd junction around Tesco stn closed and so on.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
:salute:
Happy Birthday mate.

Your post is spot on.
I priced a bathroom job many years back, the customer said he was happy with the price and when could I start.
Later that day the customer rang and said his builder mate told him I was too expensive and can I drop my price, I said has your mate been round to look at the job and is he a plumber or a builder?
Customer said his builder mate had just asked some plumber on his site about the price. I told the customer to get his mates plumber to do the job if he's cheaper.
Customer said " I like you though but I just want you to drop the price now "
Me - :censored: off :annoyed:
I've just started a bathroom, ripped the bath out, **** loads of pipes in the way where a shower tray is going! Whilst I'm stood there thinking the customers daughter turned up and started suggesting all sorts of crap that wouldnt work, "cant you build round them and make a seat?" Ffs

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here