Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Central Heating question

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I am looking to move house, but one place that ticks most boxes for me has posed the following dilemma. It is a terraced house with gas central heating, but an insulated room has been built into the attic, with a dormer. The central heating has not been continued into this room.

So my question, and I know it's going to be a ball park estimate - how much would we be looking at to connect and fit a couple of radiators up there?

Over to the NSC experts...

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Baring no unexpected issues - leaks or strange gauge piping - found then I would expect c£600-800 including pipes, rads and trvs.

This is based on some work carried out last October.

And if as straight forward as it sounds should only be a days work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Son-in-law recently had this done, cost a mere 200 notes, only 1 radiator tho.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No way of knowing how much it'll cost without seeing the job, where's the closest radiator? How far away are the new rads? What flooring do you have down? I would guess there's chipboard under whatever flooring you have, which can be a pain to get sections up

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
No way of knowing how much it'll cost without seeing the job, where's the closest radiator? How far away are the new rads? What flooring do you have down? I would guess there's chipboard under whatever flooring you have, which can be a pain to get sections up

Closest radiator is in a bedroom directly below, but I don't know the details in any depth which was why I was looking for a ball park figure. Is this the sort of thing you do, should it happen that we buy the house?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I am looking to move house, but one place that ticks most boxes for me has posed the following dilemma. It is a terraced house with gas central heating, but an insulated room has been built into the attic, with a dormer. The central heating has not been continued into this room.

So my question, and I know it's going to be a ball park estimate - how much would we be looking at to connect and fit a couple of radiators up there?

Over to the NSC experts...

Do you know which type of boiler is in the property?
Combination or boiler with hot water cylinder and tanks in the attic?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

Mid-afternoon and the NSC plumbers are already at home (still charge the old dears top whack though because "that's a full day's work is that love").

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

It is a combi boiler...quite a new one I think...not sure about anything else. We are having a second viewing next week.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Whilst on this subject I have a house with radiators over 40 years old. I was thinking of changing the three upstairs for new ones. Roughly ,what would this cost? £500-£600???

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Whilst on this subject I have a house with radiators over 40 years old. I was thinking of changing the three upstairs for new ones. Roughly ,what would this cost? £500-£600???

Ask [MENTION=27125]Wrong-Direction[/MENTION] for a proper estimate is my advice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here