Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Endoscopy,sedation or straight down ?

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
I'm sure it differs from person to person, but I couldn't deal with the constant gagging. She may be absolutely fine, and it sounds like she's been through tougher so this should be a breeze for her.

Well she had it done and managed it ok, the first tube which was bigger she wasn't keen on but the smaller one which was in for 24 hrs she managed ok. Told her about your story and she reckons you're a bit of a woose :lolol:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Well she had it done and managed it ok, the first tube which was bigger she wasn't keen on but the smaller one which was in for 24 hrs she managed ok. Told her about your story and she reckons you're a bit of a woose :lolol:

And I agree with her.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
And I agree with her.

:lolol: she was so determined to get it done to see what's going on . I went in with her as she struggles with her hearing, especially when someone is wearing a mask and I couldn't even watch :sick:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Had both done at Sussex County 2 weeks ago. No sedation. The gastroscopy took about 3 minutes and was better than swallowing a boiled sweet.
The colonoscopy was OK but one wince from the gas they pump in to enlarge the colon. Had a couple of polyps cut out watching on the screen and one was electrically zapped which I slightly felt. 1 and a half hours from the start and I was having tea and biscuits before walking 3 miles home. Laughing gas option for me.
Was bloated for a week but now fine and awaiting the results which are 98% chance of being good news.
The worst bit is the 24 hour fasting and laxative. I recommend probiotics for afterwards as the system has been cleared of most bacteria including the beneficial ones. So kimchi, kefir and probiotic yoghurt.

that pica prep is something else isn't it .....similar effect as a 3 day old pork sandwich from an indian railway station ...:lolol::lolol::lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Got a colonoscopy tomorrow today I will mainly be looking at nsc on the bog.

Not my first so know what to expect

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Joy has started :down:

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
I had an endoscopy a year or so .

I was due to just have the relaxant via a cannula and stay conscious . I went into the room lay on the bed and said to the doc who was doing the procedure ' Can you give me a bit extra please I'm rubbish at this sort of thing '

The next thing I knew I was being wheeled out to the recovery ward without any recollection of the procedure...bloody brilliant. Turns out it was acid reflux and sorted with Omeprazole.

Also had a colonoscopy a few years back and the 'Agent Picolax' thread was spot on !

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Must admit when I had a gastroscopy and endoscopy, didn't find it too bad. Quick hit of midazolam and I was pretty much out of it for the entire thing. Barely remember the procedure at all. Certainly, compared to having a camera check out your bladder, fully conscious, it was nothing. There's only one way in....

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Burning ring of fire

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve only had the one down the throat but remember thinking if my wife continually gags on my 4 inch monster then what would she do on the 20 inch tube

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Must admit when I had a gastroscopy and endoscopy, didn't find it too bad. Quick hit of midazolam and I was pretty much out of it for the entire thing. Barely remember the procedure at all. Certainly, compared to having a camera check out your bladder, fully conscious, it was nothing. There's only one way in....

Yep...the camera up the japs eye had them holding me down. ..not good

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Joy has started :down:

So is this you then?

62491BAC-63E0-414F-9C0F-EAFB99AB1998.jpeg

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/18726333.explosive-diarrhoea-caught-film-brighton/

Ps how you feeling today?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Got back home at 12, sedative started to work at about 2pm a good three hours after the procedure. Hindsight I wouldn’t bother with a sedative again as it wasn’t too bad. Had number of biopsies taken.

Guy who went in before me was still fast asleep according to the nurse, when I left.

The delayed sedative has just made me sleepy.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Got back home at 12, sedative started to work at about 2pm a good three hours after the procedure. Hindsight I wouldn’t bother with a sedative again as it wasn’t too bad. Had number of biopsies taken.

Guy who went in before me was still fast asleep according to the nurse, when I left.

The delayed sedative has just made me sleepy.

Has all the air come back out yet :D

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Last year I vomited all over the floor during the endoscopy much to the horror of the nurses. :lolol:

Once I cleared my guts I had it done but it was horrible - I thought I was going to choke to death and panicked. Didn't mind the bum check. Not embarrassed at all.

I'm still waiting for an x-ray on my stomach due to being anaemic for so long but can't have it done with the coronavirus and having an underlying health condition. I can't be on tablets forever as they can f up the major organs.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Has all the air come back out yet :D

Not yet, mostly though. My young grandson would have loved hearing granddad farting. He’s easily pleased and been really impressed with my efforts.

It’s the fourth time I’ve been blown up down there, and honestly this has been the most comfortable.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Last year I vomited all over the floor during the endoscopy much to the horror of the nurses. :lolol:

Once I cleared my guts I had it done but it was horrible - I thought I was going to choke to death and panicked. Didn't mind the bum check. Not embarrassed at all.

I'm still waiting for an x-ray on my stomach due to being anaemic for so long but can't have it done with the coronavirus and having an underlying health condition. I can't be on tablets forever as they can f up the major organs.

I’m fortunate my company pays for private healthcare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here