Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Endoscopy,sedation or straight down ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’ve only had the colonoscopy and the letter I received beforehand mentioned being sedated ..when I got there I waited for it and waited ...wheeled in and no sedative given ..I was a tad disappointed..it was like being kicked in the stomach ...probably owing more to not being completely empty which happened half hour later :moo:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I've had an Endoscopy three times with just the throat spray, I was told the spray tastes like banana, yes it does for about 10 seconds. Not really comfortable having this done but I saves hanging around at the hospital afterwards, also saves getting my wife to come into the hospital to bring me home.
Also had the endoscopy done under sedation, 4times, but this is the same time as I have a minor operation as I have a a problem with my Esophagus.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
I’ve only had the colonoscopy and the letter I received beforehand mentioned being sedated ..when I got there I waited for it and waited ...wheeled in and no sedative given ..I was a tad disappointed..it was like being kicked in the stomach ...probably owing more to not being completely empty which happened half hour later :moo:

Had a colonoscopy last year. My god, "the purge" for the 48 hours beforehand... :flameboun:flameboun

Was sedated for the treatment, but still pretty aware throughout. Not a pleasant experience. However, nothing compared to the apparently rare reaction I got from "the purge", which continued for another three days afterwards.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yeah, I'd echo that sentiment. Also, for goodness sake don't look at the camera tube. It's graduated in metres FFS, how far in are they planning on shoving it?

Yes that’s a point..... I only had an in growing toenail but they when in arse first on my colonoscopy...

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Went for a cystoscopy, now that smarts and it was not tolerable :ohmy: waiting for the sedated option now

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Went for a cystoscopy, now that smarts and it was not tolerable :ohmy: waiting for the sedated option now

I thought the procedure wasn’t too bad, quite interesting being able to see the inside of your bladder, but boy does it sting when you take your first piss !

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Over the last 15 months I had several colonoscopies and sigmoidoscopies, all without sedation, other than for an local for an 11 hour operation in London exactly a year ago.

The worst part is taking the bowel clearing, much hated, med MoviPrep, diluted and downed in litres of water a few hours before the scopes. Disgusting stuff - tastes unpleasant and the ‘explosive’ effects.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Over the last 15 months I had several colonoscopies and sigmoidoscopies, all without sedation, other than for an local for an 11 hour operation in London exactly a year ago.

The worst part is taking the bowel clearing, much hated, med MoviPrep, diluted and downed in litres of water a few hours before the scopes. Disgusting stuff - tastes unpleasant and the ‘explosive’ effects.

Moviprep, Move into the toilet prep more like :down:
I had a colonoscopy last year, I worried about it for ages, but that Moviprep was by far the worse part, nobody told me what to expect ::ohmy:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Moviprep, Move into the toilet prep more like :down:
I had a colonoscopy last year, I worried about it for ages, but that Moviprep was by far the worse part, nobody told me what to expect ::ohmy:

I was unprepared for the effects of this liquid dynamite the first time, a hellish night on my own downstairs, rushing to the loo a couple of dozen times. In readiness for a colonoscopy later that morning.

A necessity to help the life-saving consultants. But boy it’s rank.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
I thought the procedure wasn’t too bad, quite interesting being able to see the inside of your bladder, but boy does it sting when you take your first piss !

I was clinging on the wall after having the urodynamic test, my god!

Watching them go down the drain pipe with what felt a Hasselblad for the cystoscopy was bearable, but they could not get through the trap door :down:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I had an endoscopy at Guildford hospital about 4 years ago - had sedation.
Also had a colonoscopy at Worthing, with gas and air, watched it all on the screen, very strange seeing your insides on a tv screen !
Oh and the night before was horrendous with the salty lemon drink !!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Been on Lansoprazole for 6 years but got some kind of GERD issues recently. Getting advice but believe there is now a less invasive procedure using laparoscopic surgery. I certainly wouldn’t want to go for being chopped about!

There is. I am waiting to have discussion about it, obviously less invasive as opposed to open access......

PaulFromTheHill

Sep 6, 2015
There is. I am waiting to have discussion about it, obviously less invasive as opposed to open access......
I had a laparoscopic fundoplication to fix a hiatus hernia just over 12 months ago. It's taken nearly all that time for my swallow to return to near normal, I still struggle with some baked goods (food get stuck if it's not well chewed). The relief from GERD symptoms is amazing though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm

I had bladder cancer in 2017.
The initial cystoscopy was more bearable than I thought it would be.
After the op to remove the tumour, I then had to return every week for a catheter while they poured what I can only describe as paint stripper into my bladder. Those pisses were a level above sting lol.
However, once the treatment was finished, I then had to return at a 3, 6 and 9 month interval for another cystoscopy.
Thankfully, I am now on annual check ups (last one was on Monday) and only have 2 left.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here