Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Endoscopy,sedation or straight down ?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I had an endoscopy a couple of years ago - Winchester hospital.

Straight down, a bit unpleasant but only lasted a very few minutes and, once it was finished things were totally normal!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Straight down for me.

I did comment afterwards to the wife that I never want to hear her moaning about swallowing six inches again after my ordeal.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Straight down for me.

I did comment afterwards to the wife that I never want to hear her moaning about swallowing six inches again after my ordeal.
Did that make her stop seeing her lover, then?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've had a couple of these. First one, in 1996 the tube was like a garden hose. Approx. 10 years later had another one and the tube was thinner - I remember that much. Straight down with a bit of throat spray both times.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've had both and if I ever need it again then it will definitely be sedation.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I've had a few colonoscopies over the years, some with sedation and some without.
The only time I had any trouble was when a trainee carried out the procedure under supervision. It was rather uncomfortable and I was a wee bit tender for a few days after.
As,I think, Knocky said, the worst bit is the damn' fasting beforehand.
Thankfully I have no experience of an endoscopy; they sound horrible!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I had one a few years back to diagnose a Hiatus Hernia. Just had the weird bananna spray; gag reflex kicked in once but ok after that. Sensation of them snipping in the stomach was really weird as it a part of your body you never feel normally. Glad they didn't sedate as I'd have been stuffed as I'd driven there!
I have that.

Straight down for me no messing about. It's what REAL men are suppose to do.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I was generally surprised at the size of the f.ucking thing. With fibre optics and modern tech surely this needs a latest model. Had the spray which didn’t really do a lot, disgusting glad when it was over.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I have that.

Straight down for me no messing about. It's what REAL men are suppose to do.

Before I had mine I spoke with a nurse friend who ended up being present when I had my procedure. I asked her what she would suggest and her comment was “only an IDIOT would have it without being sedated”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
On a slightly different tack, has anyone had a hiatus hernia repair? I was advised by my bowel consultant “not to let those gastro boys near me”. Can they repair just using an endoscope?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
On a slightly different tack, has anyone had a hiatus hernia repair? I was advised by my bowel consultant “not to let those gastro boys near me”. Can they repair just using an endoscope?

No. I have a 'moderately large hiatus hernia'. Apparently, the operation entails going in through your back, is dangerous and not worth the risk. They may have changed their minds now, but nobody has told me if they have.

Keep taking the omeprazole (or change it if you're been on it for a number of years).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Before I had mine I spoke with a nurse friend who ended up being present when I had my procedure. I asked her what she would suggest and her comment was “only an IDIOT would have it without being sedated”

I suspect he feels a bit insecure and has to reassure himself that he is a real man.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Prior to my endoscopy a week earlier I had a simple CT scan and don't even mention Picolax !

Ha Ha, Picolax,what a blast. Did you fully read the instructions. " Do not use after the expiry date". What's it going to do, give you the shits?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
No. I have a 'moderately large hiatus hernia'. Apparently, the operation entails going in through your back, is dangerous and not worth the risk. They may have changed their minds now, but nobody has told me if they have.

Keep taking the omeprazole (or change it if you're been on it for a number of years).

Been on Lansoprazole for 6 years but got some kind of GERD issues recently. Getting advice but believe there is now a less invasive procedure using laparoscopic surgery. I certainly wouldn’t want to go for being chopped about!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Ha Ha, Picolax,what a blast. Did you fully read the instructions. " Do not use after the expiry date". What's it going to do, give you the shits?
I read the information and checked out the Nhs website,only used half sachet twice,that was enough ! Do you want the other unopened packet ?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here