Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Canary Islands

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
We stayed at the H10 further around the bay and the Baha’i Princess in Costa adeje. We used to be really cheeky and walk around to the H10 that is currently facing this Coronavirus outbreak, wander through reception, grab a free sparkling wine and go and see their shows on an evening.

It’s a fabulous hotel, although it does have KIDS! Which of course is an absolute no no for us. Ha ha ha.
We stayed at the H10 that's currently locked down last year and really enjoyed it.

Only downside was the kids evening disco being right next to the restaurant. Eating a really nice dinner while being treated to the sounds of about 20 kids of all nationalities playing musical chairs to a sped up version of the Dambusters theme is not an experience I'd be rushing to repeat!

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Off to Fuerteventura in two weeks.

Last year it was risking death by Boeing 737 max and now it’s.....

Where’s that insurance policy?

caesar

Oct 9, 2005
We are currently staying in Costa Adeje just a few hotels along from the H10. Everything is open as normal in the town and if I hadn’t seen it on the news you wouldn’t even know there was an issue at that hotel . The sandstorm at the weekend had a bigger impact . If you have a holiday planned for The Canaries then I would say don’t worry and travel as normal ����

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
We are currently staying in Costa Adeje just a few hotels along from the H10. Everything is open as normal in the town and if I hadn’t seen it on the news you wouldn’t even know there was an issue at that hotel . The sandstorm at the weekend had a bigger impact . If you have a holiday planned for The Canaries then I would say don’t worry and travel as normal

Cheers mate. Keep us posted. When are you due back?

caesar

Oct 9, 2005
We have been here for the past 2 weeks and have 1 more left . Apart from the sandstorm the weather has been superb

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Supposed to be flying to Gran Canaria next week for a bit of winter sun
Fingers crossed we get there

Got family there now and they're all having a spiffing time of it. Zero corona outbreaks and a spectacular sandstorm on Saturday just gone which passed quickly. Enjoy!

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
We’re off in nine days. - hopefully.

With today’s virus figures, seems like we’re more at risk over here than over there.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
[emoji51]

Do I stay or do I go now

WHO (not the band) advice is for me to avoid crowded areas

Govt advice seems to be to take it on the chin

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
My sister and her husband just took off for the Canary Islands. She bought anti bacteria wipes at the airport. She is currently cleaning her seat and pull down table. She is the complete opposite of me.:drink:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Just came back between 24 and 26 degrees each day, pool was cold though. Loads of Norwegians, swedish and Danish there escaping the winter

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd avoid the pool and go to Corralejo in Fuerteventura.

You'll find one of the most beautiful beaches in Europe.

Also one of the windiest! A windsurfing mecca. Loved it on my trip. Wife hated it, came up the beach she was basically sandblasted. The windsurfing was epic though. :whistle:

Fuerteventura holds the annual windsurfing world championships each year because it is one of the few locations globally that they pretty much guarantee wind (all be it in July).

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
My sister and her husband just took off for the Canary Islands. She bought anti bacteria wipes at the airport. She is currently cleaning her seat and pull down table. She is the complete opposite of me.:drink:

Off for Easter 2 weeks, thats just being sensible imho..... Did the same a few weeks ago when going ski-ing, will do again, full wipe down of our seat area....... Just me and mrs touching security trays not kids, then hand sanitizer the other side of security etc. Its only the airport/aircraft where you may be running the gauntlet a little, once there it will all be good.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

You mean she doesn't know the difference between a bacterium and a virus? You appear to be right :lolol: :thumbsup:

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Got back from Lanzarote last night. Great relaxing week, with not a hint of the Corona virus issues that are elsewhere on the globe.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So did [MENTION=8625]Nobby[/MENTION] go ?

I was supposed to be going skiing the week after next but it looks like it's going to be the first time in over 20 years that I don't go.

First of all, the kids have just called off because of work commitments (including one working on Coronavirus :facepalm:), so it was just down to me and Mrs Wz. That wasn't too bad as, with only the two of us, the quality of hotel we were looking at went up considerably and we didn't have to go to the massive ski areas.

But now we're not going. It wasn't the virus that stopped us, just the fear of being quarantined somewhere for two weeks. We both have commitments in the two weeks after the holiday that we really can't miss :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here