Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Canary Islands

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Maspalomas is the nicest part of Gran Canaria in my opinion. Although I would always prefer Costa Adeje just because Tenerife is not as windy usually.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Really depends what you're after Morocco is more cultural. If you just want a beach Canaries a better option

Tenerife the pick for me. Something for everyone, I like the North but it gets more cloudy days

If the intention is to just laze by the pool then I find it really doesn't matter where you go.

All-Inclusive, quiet pool and lots of books and it's the perfect break.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Thanks for the replies, got some looking to do. Plan is all inclusive, relax around the pool / beach, some nice restaurants, not bothered about sightseeing

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If true, then there is no way you should be three days late.
Presume EasyJet blamed the weather. Were all flights cancelled on Saturday to Lanzarote?
They can get out of the EU payment by saying the delay was weather related, but must put you on the first available plane. That could have been any other companies plane at their expence, but they wont tell you that.

There were other flights but Easyjet decided Friday night to cancel most Saturday flights.

Tried to transfer the flight but assume system overused so not working, cancelled flights Saturday and earliest we could book was Tuesday.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Thanks for the replies, got some looking to do. Plan is all inclusive, relax around the pool / beach, some nice restaurants, not bothered about sightseeing

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Fuerteventura - Caleta De Fuste - Hotel Ereza Mar

Been there 3 times. Nice quiet resort, hotel is lovely, staff amazing and no kids !

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
The idea of culture & Dubai in the same sentence made me laugh. I’ve never been to a more soulless place than Dubai. Nice hotels yes but I’d never go back.

Totally agree, about as cultural as Crawley. Totally unfriendly and they only want your money, not really a holiday destination to me.

Did Costa Adeje in Tenerife, nice place and good beach and hotels around there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Flight cancelled again coming home so cannot fly back till Monday but to Stansted not Gatwick

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Pre 9/11 me and my mate used to fly to Tenerife in shifts and do the cigs minimum stay was three days back then. Had some laughs and best of all never got caught.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If you’re bothered about coming back sooner, are flights on other airlines to Gatwick available?

Easyjet re-booked us very reluctantly on next available flight available nearest to Gatwick which was Stansted

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Flight cancelled again coming home so cannot fly back till Monday but to Stansted not Gatwick

That one wasn't cancelled due to the weather though?

Maybe cancelled because Easyjet planes or crew are not in the right place due to previous issues?

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays/

You should find out the reason for those cancellations and use the online Resolver tool to see if either (or both) cancellations are covered. EC261 was incorporated into UK law in 2018.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That one wasn't cancelled due to the weather though?

Maybe cancelled because Easyjet planes or crew are not in the right place due to previous issues?

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays/

You should find out the reason for those cancellations and use the online Resolver tool to see if either (or both) cancellations are covered. EC261 was incorporated into UK law in 2018.

Well we have an ATOL certificate from Travel Republic so will contact them tomorrow

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Easyjet re-booked us very reluctantly on next available flight available nearest to Gatwick which was Stansted

You’re probably relaxed about it all?

But EasyJet did that to us in the Languedoc last summer, and many thousands of others across Europe, they used severe thunderstorms and another excuse as all beyond their control. Cleverly to avoid the costly to them EU261 claims. We were left stranded at midnight, told to make out own way back to the UK.

Within an hour I booked very expensive alternative arrangements to get back home, took screen shots on an ipad to prove they were the alternatives and we got home the next day lunchtime.

I then used EasyJet’s E261 online claim process, which was predictably rejected due to alleged force majeure.

I then used EasyJet’s other online claim process, with a load of PDF’d receipts. Within ten days the full £2,000 hit our bank account.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You’re probably relaxed about it all?

But EasyJet did that to us in the Languedoc last summer, and many thousands of others across Europe, they used severe thunderstorms and another excuse as all beyond their control. Cleverly to avoid the costly to them EU261 claims. We were left stranded at midnight, told to make out own way back to the UK.

Within an hour I booked very expensive alternative arrangements to get back home, took screen shots on an ipad to prove they were the alternatives and we got home the next day lunchtime.

I then used EasyJet’s E261 online claim process, which was predictably rejected due to alleged force majeure.

I then used EasyJet’s other online claim process, with a load of PDF’d receipts. Within ten days the full £2,000 hit our bank account.

Totally relaxed, feel sorrier for Mrs Hut but we will go the ATOL certificate route with Travel Republic who to be fair have sorted out previous issues for us.

I should add she is due back at work for me work is now thankfully an illusion

Last edited:

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Well we have an ATOL certificate from Travel Republic so will contact them tomorrow
It's nothing to do with that. Read the link - you have to complain to the Airline, like Weststander did:

Back in 2010 after the Iceland ashcloud I claimed about £3000 from Monarch - took ten months but got there...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's nothing to do with that. Read the link - you have to complain to the Airline, like Weststander did:

Back in 2010 after the Iceland ashcloud I claimed about £3000 from Monarch - took ten months but got there...

Bloody EU. Oh my sides.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here