Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Canary Islands

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'd avoid the pool and go to Corralejo in Fuerteventura.

You'll find one of the most beautiful beaches in Europe.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Careful which parts you go to, the Dunes are popular with swingers/doggers.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its really not that easy if you have 10 pretty poor but organized Moroccan guys who really want your money and only prefer selling you crap instead of robbing you because of the odd chance you'd come back and want something more from them.

Anyway.. pretty OT (unless op is the party type, in case its very relevant) so we could leave it that.

Fair enough. Not the types I'd be seeking out abroad to do business with. If you're moving in those circles somewhere like North Africa (or anywhere else tbf) then you're taking an insane risk.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The thing with the Canaries is that a lot of the resorts are like Blackpool unless you are prepared to spend more money to stay in the nice resorts of which there are a small number.

The nicest island for weather I would say is Tenerife, not as windy as the other islands. The best part of Tenerife is the area Costa Adeje . Most of the hotels in this area are decent 4 or 5 star. Costa Adeje has designer shops, nice restaurants etc with none of the nasty chips & nuggets type places you get in a lot of the canaries.

El Duque beach is beautiful with a lovely seafront. It’s also the most expensive resort in the canaries to stay in but that’s because it is the nicest and most upmarket.

They most popular time to go is in our wintertime and a week in a decent 5 star half board with flights expect to pay around £4000 per couple.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The thing with the Canaries is that a lot of the resorts are like Blackpool unless you are prepared to spend more money to stay in the nice resorts of which there are a small number.

The nicest island for weather I would say is Tenerife, not as windy as the other islands. The best part of Tenerife is the area Costa Adeje . Most of the hotels in this area are decent 4 or 5 star. Costa Adeje has designer shops, nice restaurants etc with none of the nasty chips & nuggets type places you get in a lot of the canaries.

El Duque beach is beautiful with a lovely seafront. It’s also the most expensive resort in the canaries to stay in but that’s because it is the nicest and most upmarket.

They most popular time to go is in our wintertime and a week in a decent 5 star half board with flights expect to pay around £4000 per couple.

[MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION] is no longer going due to a heart attack :eek:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I'd avoid the pool and go to Corralejo in Fuerteventura.

You'll find one of the most beautiful beaches in Europe.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Boll*x to that - the Atlantic's freezing still. Go to a place where you have a pool
and close access to the beach so you have the best of both worlds.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Careful which parts you go to, the Dunes are popular with swingers/doggers.

Yes as I encountered as walking past one of those stone circles one morning.

With camera phone technology I'd imagine things are a bit more discrete these days and anyway, who would want to take a tripod down to the beach ?

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent

Yep, I'd agree with this one, Costa Adeje worth a visit. The El Duque end is best but all fairly good. Also a couple of places to get Prem League games any time. Endured the Wolves and Spurs away games whilst there last season.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yep, I'd agree with this one, Costa Adeje worth a visit. The El Duque end is best but all fairly good. Also a couple of places to get Prem League games any time. Endured the Wolves and Spurs away games whilst there last season.
We stayed at the H10 in Costa Adeje last summer - really enjoyed it and would definitely recommend, both the hotel and the area in general.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Just swerve the canaries.
For an extra hour on plane and a bit more culture go to Dubai.

The idea of culture & Dubai in the same sentence made me laugh. I’ve never been to a more soulless place than Dubai. Nice hotels yes but I’d never go back.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Her indoors has decided we need a little break away beginning of April. Where are the best places to go to relax around a pool / beach ect

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

If you want to just enjoy a bit of warmth, do nothing but read and relax then I can heartily recommend getting a nice villa at the western end of Playa Blanca, Lanzarote - When we were living in Brighton/Shoreham, working and travelling constantly we went there sometimes a couple of times a year some years, perfect little switch off. PB has a reasonable amount of restaurants and bars but if you need to be entertained constantly then you'll run out of options pretty quickly on Lanzarote!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Go to Morocco rather than Canaries. Similar price, a little bit closer and much nicer.

Really depends what you're after Morocco is more cultural. If you just want a beach Canaries a better option

Tenerife the pick for me. Something for everyone, I like the North but it gets more cloudy days

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just swerve the canaries.
For an extra hour on plane and a bit more culture go to Dubai.

Never thought of Dubai as particularly cultural, much of it feels very false and all a bit ‘plastic’, it can be expensive and often seems full of boorish expats and affluent chavs (and resting footballers, if not the same thing). Hotels, winter weather and beaches good though.......

Edit, only just seen the post from [MENTION=34864]Live by the sea[/MENTION] [emoji106]

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Peurto Rico Gran Canaria, lovely plus plenty of Marlin around in May, if you don't catch any which is the norm your guaranteed to see the Dolphins and often whales as well, €60 for a 6 hour trip €40 for spectator.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I went on a cruise to the canaries with Harry Redknapp last year, we had a rollicking good time.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I live out in Tenerife in the winter and if you decide on here then feel free to drop me a PM for info. Weather in April will be delightful (as it is all year)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Her indoors has decided we need a little break away beginning of April. Where are the best places to go to relax around a pool / beach ect

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

What is Ect?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just arrived in Lanzarote, 3 days late as Easyjet cancelled our Saturday flight

If true, then there is no way you should be three days late.
Presume EasyJet blamed the weather. Were all flights cancelled on Saturday to Lanzarote?
They can get out of the EU payment by saying the delay was weather related, but must put you on the first available plane. That could have been any other companies plane at their expence, but they wont tell you that.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Meloneras in Gran Canaria also good. Lot of nice hotels run by Lopesan in that area. Decent choice of restaurants too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here