Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Canary Islands

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Her indoors has decided we need a little break away beginning of April. Where are the best places to go to relax around a pool / beach ect

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just arrived in Lanzarote, 3 days late as Easyjet cancelled our Saturday flight

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'd avoid the pool and go to Corralejo in Fuerteventura.

You'll find one of the most beautiful beaches in Europe.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Lanzarote is a bit boring but can be good value and weather.

h10 Sentido Suites is nice

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Budget? How about Cape Verde,the African Caribbean? Can be a bit windy.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'd avoid the pool and go to Corralejo in Fuerteventura.

You'll find one of the most beautiful beaches in Europe.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I dont know.

The beach is great, agreed, but the town is very boring and the food is bad.

Also a very bad place if you like... the type of fun Brighton players like.

First day I came there, I went to a local square to buy some relaxtion herb from the Moroccan guys. They very much insisted I should also get some self-confidence powder, and wouldnt take no for an answer. They didnt accept my answer even when I told them I had no money, they just said "come back tomorrow" and were quite serious about it.

I was thinking about not giving them "their" money as the powder was nothing, but I met my hotel receptionist at the Atlantic Centre (the only place to party) and she told me "those guys are very, very dangerous". So I gave them their money and had to avoid all Moroccans for the rest of the week, which was easier said than done.

Next day, I leave Brisamar Hotel (good hotel btw, if you go to Corralejo anyway I would recommend it) and I get stopped by the police. They go for tourists so they can get decent bribes if you got anything... a bit heavy on you. They searched me and found out that I only had weed and said "you are allowed to smoke it in your hotel room but not here" and sent me back. Nice fellas actually, but it would have been disaster if I had the powder on me.

I dont know you or what you do on your vacations but if you want to party and stuff, avoid Corralejo. As the other fellas said, the beach is fine, but when I went there a few years back (in January) there was a black (red?) flag all week because of the currents, so make sure to check the conditions for "April in Fuerteventura" before you get your ticket.

Also as I said, the food is really bad but since you are probably from the UK it might not matter.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Self confidence powder" ? Am I missing something, whats that when its at home ?

If you can't simply say "nope, not interested" and walk away, then paradoxically, it sounds like you bloody need the stuff.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I dont know.

The beach is great, agreed, but the town is very boring and the food is bad.

Also a very bad place if you like... the type of fun Brighton players like.

First day I came there, I went to a local square to buy some relaxtion herb from the Moroccan guys. They very much insisted I should also get some self-confidence powder, and wouldnt take no for an answer. They didnt accept my answer even when I told them I had no money, they just said "come back tomorrow" and were quite serious about it.

I was thinking about not giving them "their" money as the powder was nothing, but I met my hotel receptionist at the Atlantic Centre (the only place to party) and she told me "those guys are very, very dangerous". So I gave them their money and had to avoid all Moroccans for the rest of the week, which was easier said than done.

Next day, I leave Brisamar Hotel (good hotel btw, if you go to Corralejo anyway I would recommend it) and I get stopped by the police. They go for tourists so they can get decent bribes if you got anything... a bit heavy on you. They searched me and found out that I only had weed and said "you are allowed to smoke it in your hotel room but not here" and sent me back. Nice fellas actually, but it would have been disaster if I had the powder on me.

I dont know you or what you do on your vacations but if you want to party and stuff, avoid Corralejo. As the other fellas said, the beach is fine, but when I went there a few years back (in January) there was a black (red?) flag all week because of the currents, so make sure to check the conditions for "April in Fuerteventura" before you get your ticket.

Also as I said, the food is really bad but since you are probably from the UK it might not matter.

There are a large number of Tourist trap crap restaurants in Corralejo, however there are a few decent ones in a bit more out of the way locations. Gay Danish couple run a place called The Ugly Duckling which is good, bunch of Lesbians run a Tapas place called Pincha Cabra but best Restaurants on the Island are in other towns.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
We're off to Lanzarote next weekend. Costa Teguise for the third time, it's a more relaxed resort which is what we like. We have done Tenerife, Gran Canaria and Lanzarote. I would say that Lanzarote is a more laid-back island whereas Tenerife and Gran Canaria attract more of a younger tourist wanting a bit more of an uptempo, night life holiday! It really does depend on what sort of holiday you want? Although the Canaries are winter holiday destinations they are still a bit quieter at this time of year.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If you can't simply say "nope, not interested" and walk away, then paradoxically, it sounds like you bloody need the stuff.

Its really not that easy if you have 10 pretty poor but organized Moroccan guys who really want your money and only prefer selling you crap instead of robbing you because of the odd chance you'd come back and want something more from them.

Anyway.. pretty OT (unless op is the party type, in case its very relevant) so we could leave it that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We're off to Lanzarote next weekend. Costa Teguise for the third time, it's a more relaxed resort which is what we like. We have done Tenerife, Gran Canaria and Lanzarote. I would say that Lanzarote is a more laid-back island whereas Tenerife and Gran Canaria attract more of a younger tourist wanting a bit more of an uptempo, night life holiday! It really does depend on what sort of holiday you want? Although the Canaries are winter holiday destinations they are still a bit quieter at this time of year.

Went there in summer 2001 to the Teguisol apartments just after we'd won the L2 title, and was delighted to find OGH there with his (insanely hot) missus and his little girl. Had a couple of chats, very nice chap.

He wore his Albion No9 shorts around the pool. Legend.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here