Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Canary Islands

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
TUI now say they're suspending pretty much all their holidays and flights until further notice..

Greece ? As of two days ago told me our getaway was still on . Not that I want to take my grandkids away but will lose £3500 if I cancel so sitting it out hoping they do .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Not sure- being widely reported but the quotes are a bit vague at the moment-

TUI has cancelled travel to almost all of its holiday destinations as restrictions tighten due to the coronavirus.

Package holidays, cruises and hotels are all affected by the decision, which the group says is in line with government guidelines.

“In this rapidly changing environment the safety and welfare of our guests and employees worldwide remains of paramount importance and thus TUI Group has decided, in line with government guidelines, to suspend the vast majority of all travel operations until further notice, including package travel, cruises and hotel operations," a spokesman for TUI said.

“This temporary suspension is aimed at contributing to global governmental efforts to mitigate the effects of the spread of the Covid-19.”

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Got friends in Gran Canaria now - been told their return flight has been cancelled and they'll be allocated a 'repatriation flight' in the next day or two. They don't appear to be suffering too much in their all-inclusive resort whilst waiting.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
General advice to anyone with flights / holidays booked. Do not take offers to cancel early and a voucher or opportunity to rebook new flights later in the year.

Even BA are still saying flights this week to the US are still running and offering the above. When they cancel the flights - even if an hour before departures, you'll get a full refund.

I've seen friends fall foul of this not realising and now can't get their cash back and stuck with a voucher valid for 12 months.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm guessing you're monitoring the flight situation closely, but just in case you're not yet, I just had a quick look on the Easyjet site and all three flights from LGW to TFS today are cancelled. If you do decide to come home at the end of the week, might well be prudent to bring forward your travel plans if you can, because the option may well not exist by the end of the week. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Cheers

Flights out are cancelled but planes arriving empty to ship people back. Our flight will be fine but as they will still be shipping people back until end of next week.

After that who knows? I guess if we decide to stay we must be prepared to be here for several months. It's a bit scary but no more so than fast forwarding 3/4 weeks at home. Struggling to make a decision and reckon I've got 5/6 days to see what happens

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
So that's all tourist travel to the EU shut down for 30 days?

Annotation 2020-03-16 152151.png

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Not sure how that travel ban will work on the Ireland / NI border..

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Can understand your position if you have homes in both, but for anyone else, I can't believe any overseas holiday will still be on after this week. (And even if you manage to get away, getting back could prove a little problematic).

Not only has it buggered me going skiing, but I suspect the early summer holiday I was going to take in June before the schools broke up is now looking unlikely :down:

Let's hope we still have carriers able to take us away

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
My sister & brother in law are due to fly back from the Canary Islands tomorrow lunchtime with Easyjet.
They have spent the last few days being told flight is cancelled & now on.
Fingers crossed from me they get back safe.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here