Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Millwall announce plans to increase stadium capacity to 34,000

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Treated with the contempt it deserved is not quite the same as ignored....but please carry on.

So within this what is to be treated with contempt:

So voting leave makes you a racist does it? Again typical of the elitist snobby left implying that voting leave makes you a racist. Perhaps you could go down to a Cornish fishing village or a working man's club in Sunderland and try calling the 'vote leavers' racists, would like to see how far you get with that one.

Perhaps you could tell the thoroughly decent Millwall fans I know (I often work near the Den) racists to their faces? You won't though will you, as if you would ever leave your hermetically sealed cosy elitist world

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

So is it only Tubthumper you call it? In the post directly under your reply to me you use the word elitist twice but I doubt Tubthumper was a member of the Bullingdon Club. I'm just curious what constitutes elitist for you as it seems quite different to the conventional definition.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
So is it only Tubthumper you call it? In the post directly under your reply to me you use the word elitist twice but I doubt Tubthumper was a member of the Bullingdon Club. I'm just curious what constitutes elitist for you as it seems quite different to the conventional definition.

I never said HT was a member of the Bullingdon club. Elitist is the ilk of HT though, snobby and full of contempt for anyone who dares to disagree with them.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I never said HT was a member of the Bullingdon club. Elitist is the ilk of HT though, snobby and full of contempt for anyone who dares to disagree with them.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Far from it. I have time for, and I’ve actually met up and had beers with, people with far more opposing views than yours. It’s more I find you a tedious one-trick bore. Actually, it’s two tricks; you do that weird “prove it” thing as well as go on about elitism.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Far from it. I have time for, and I’ve actually met up and had beers with, people with far more opposing views than yours. It’s more I find you a tedious one-trick bore. Actually, it’s two tricks; you do that weird “prove it” thing as well as go on about elitism.

Prefer that to be a hypocrite. Typical of your sort to label those who voted leave as racist.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpeg

:rolleyes::lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Prefer that to be a hypocrite. Typical of your sort to label those who voted leave as racist.

As I said before, I can literally write anything and you’ll respond to it. Here goes....Elephant.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As I said before, I can literally write anything and you’ll respond to it. Here goes....Elephant.

That's typical of you and your elitist left wing types.
We all know elephant is code for racist brexiteer, you in your bubble just can't help yourself.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Some are neither Racist or Thugs nor are they Homophobic.

Millwall Chairman and the Club work harder than any other Club to try and fight the Stereotypes you mention. Yes they have possibly had to, no one could deny that but you do the good people who work tirelessly to combat those elements a disservice with sweeping statements like that. I would like to think that it was a ''tongue in cheek'' remark

I would love to see the image of Millwall improved. The atmosphere at The Den is superb. They are a good Club and I dislike them being associated with their image of days gone by. There is no place for it within Football

This.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Pretendance. Well known fact actual attendances were 7k.
Palace didn't even sell out their home play off game against us. 2,000 short of capacity, plenty of those rickety wooden seats in the main stand going spare.

Naturally we sold out the home end in the return fixture.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
YES probably

I would love to see the image of Millwall improved. The atmosphere at The Den is superb. They are a good Club and I dislike them being associated with their image of days gone by. There is no place for it within Football

They were my old man's club. They are what they are.

I like the ground development.

The more clubs lower down thrive and improve, the better for the game. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

*cough* I have him on ignore *cough*

:shrug:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And we couldn't fill Withdean....

To be honest being a local to Millwall and with young kids the current Den is pretty hostile in terms of surrounding area and match day facilities. Palace unfortunately are drawing loads of new young fans because of Premier League football in the area so could easily switch to Millwall if the ingredients are there for that market.

Withdean was totally different to other grounds tbh and we were filling it the season before we moved and for years and years previously. Don’t agree with that comparison to the new den - we had no stadium.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just as the UK is far too London-centric, so too is the PL/EFL. Too many London clubs. One of them is Millwall.

Where the f*** are they going to find enough people to fill a 34K capacity ground? Unless the government decide to demolish the London stadium for much needed affordable housing and West Ham then have to request a ground share with Leyton Orient and are told to f*** off, so it's ground-share with Millwall or bust ......................

Last edited:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Palace didn't even sell out their home play off game against us. 2,000 short of capacity, plenty of those rickety wooden seats in the main stand going spare.

Naturally we sold out the home end in the return fixture.

Didn’t sell out against us this season either.

When it come to filling their ground as a %, they are one of lowest in the PL at 96% and that’s at one of the smallest stadiums.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

He thinks a comfy seat at the football and a nice lunch once in a while constitutes elitism. And if you’re also socially minded you’re a hypocrite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here